Business etiquette is about building relationships with other people and not about rules and regulations. It is related to providing basic social comfort and creating an environment through effective and improved communication. Etiquette is a collective term for a set of norms and conventions that govern social behaviour and is required in societal relations.
However, it is not limited to society but extends to relations within a social or professional group. It is also used to refer to a code of ethics prescribed in some profession like medical or legal. Protocol, in the larger sense, can be defined as the etiquette of diplomacy and affairs of the state. At a national or international level, it constitutes the code of behaviour, ceremonial forms, courtesies, procedures, etc. accepted and required for interactions between heads of states, government and/or diplomats.
The ultimate aim of protocols is to avoid confrontation and disharmony. Business protocol, however, is not as strictly formal but is an important aspect of relationship building within an organisation or between two or more organisations.
Collectively, the terms ‘protocol’ and ‘etiquette’ refer to a set of rules, conventions and/or norms that govern the behaviour of people in general and specific situations. However, they differ in their sphere of influence and nature of rules.
Good business etiquette improve organisational culture and have a profound impact on the success and growth of the organisation. They help build stronger relationships and demonstrate confidence. They also promote cross-cultural awareness and respect. The success of an organisation is determined by the business etiquette that employees follow.
Lack of awareness or support or insufficient training and focus related to etiquette and protocol can be detrimental to the progress and image of an organisation. Cross-cultural differences act as the major challenge for developing and demonstrating good business etiquette and protocol. For any organisation intending to be influential and successful, one of the primary focus areas should be training employees on good business etiquette and protocol.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a complete understanding of business etiquette and protocol. With the knowledge and exposure gained through this course, you will conduct yourself better as a professional and be able to create an impressionable experience in all your professional interactions.
Further, this course will also provide you the necessary confidence and exposure to interact at large, influential platforms and be able to conduct yourself in a poised, intelligent and professional manner. The perspective gained through this course will hone your skills and behavioural traits, enhancing your value and self-confidence and creating more opportunities for professional interactions and coordination.
The main objective of this Protocol and Etiquette Certification Course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and information about business etiquette and protocol
- the necessary experience and awareness to conduct themselves professionally in business meetings and other important forums
- the required skill, confidence and experience to communicate clearly, effectively and smartly, thus helping create a positive impression on the opposite person
- the necessary knowledge, information, exposure and confidence to undertake training on business etiquette and protocol for other colleagues in the organisation, thus demonstrating talent and increasing opportunities for growth and progression
- the necessary skill, capability and confidence to represent the organisation at important forums and meetings, thus helping in networking, increasing their market value and inviting more opportunities for growth and career progression
- the necessary skill and information as well as confidence and exposure to enhance one’s professional image and successfully represent the organisation, in turn enhancing the company profile
The training delivered by Zoe Talent Solutions fosters active participation among trainees. The flexibility for customising the training as per the background and professional experience of the training audience helps create content and delivery that is most relevant and effective.
The training includes presentations, discussions, debates, role-plays, competitions, etc. to ensure maximum participation and retention. Relevant case studies are discussed to foster relevance of practical scenarios to the training content.
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, it follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Interested in Public Relations Courses? You should check out the PR Courses Category
Organisations whose professionals attend this Protocol and Etiquette Certification Course will benefit in the following ways:
- Trained, professional employees with complete knowledge of business etiquette and protocol
- Better and more professional representations at important forums and meetings
- Enhanced company profile and image
- Continual training organisation-wide, and at no cost, to develop business etiquette and protocol awareness and knowledge in all employees
- More positive work culture because of strict adherence to business etiquette and protocol
- Better policy adherence and employee performance, contributing to growth and development of the organisation
- Enhanced customer experience and better customer relationship management, leading to organisational growth and success
- Better relationships with partners, vendors and contractors and hence minimal or no obstacles to operations and delivery
Through this Protocol and Etiquette Certification Course, professionals will derive the following benefits:
- Complete knowledge and training on business etiquette and protocol
- Better professional behaviour and conduct, thus increasing one’s market value and demand as a professional
- Increased chances to represent one’s organisation and gain exposure and experience at influential and important forums and meetings
- Enhanced verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme professionalism leading to additional opportunities to undertake senior and important roles and responsibilities in the organisation, thus fostering career growth and progression
- Greater confidence and experience to be and conduct oneself at par with esteemed and renowned professions in any forum or meeting
- Enhanced professional conduct and image, in turn contributing to an enhanced company profile
- Increased skill and awareness to establish oneself assertively, professionally and confidently, leaving behind a positive impression through networking and increasing opportunities for growth and progression outside one’s organisation
Who Should Attend
- Senior members of an organisation who need to understand the importance and impact of business etiquette and protocol for their employees
- Learning and development trainers who need to train employees further on business etiquette and protocols
- Other managers and human resource professionals who need to drive professional behaviour and maintain a positive work environment
- Sales staff, marketing managers and customer relationship managers and executives who interact with customers on a regular basis
- Policymakers who need to understand business etiquette and protocol and create appropriate policies and guidelines fostering these
- Members of the hospitality department of an organisation who need to specially make an impressionable experience with outsiders
- Any other professional who would like to develop good business etiquette and understand and practice business protocol
The Protocol and Etiquette Certification Course will cover the following topics important to develop good business etiquette and understand and follow business protocol:
Module 1 – Advantages of Business Etiquette
- Builds stronger relationships
- Promotes a positive atmosphere and work culture
- Reflects confidence
- Prevents misunderstandings
- Enhances company profile
- Promotes cross-cultural awareness
Module 2 – Etiquette Tips to Improve Company Culture
- Solicit feedback
- Maintain visibility
- Non-verbal communication matters
- Behave impressionably in meetings
- Respect everyone
- Give appreciation
- Punctuality is key
- Don’t gossip
- Be professional at the dining table
- Dress appropriately
Module 3 – Seven “C’s” of Effective Business Communication
Module 4 – Factors Determining Communication Methods in Business Etiquette
- Required formality
- Need for documentation
- Urgency of response
- Required level of detail
- Number of people involved
- Sensitivity of information
Module 5 – Some Business Communication Methods Requiring Business Etiquette and Protocol
- Face-to-face communication
- Video conferencing
- Instant messaging and texts
- Social media
Module 6 – Important Aspects of Business Protocol
- Greetings and introductions
- Names and titles
- Planning and organisation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Business meals and tipping
Module 7 – Important Aspects of Administrative Protocol
- Designated officers for signature and approval
- Timeframes for completion and submission
- Restrictions on information access
- Requirements on storing and archiving
- Comparative quotes for goods and services
Module 8 – Challenges to Business Etiquette and Protocol Development
- Lack of management support
- Lack of employee cooperation and awareness
- Insufficient training funds
- Lack of focus on continual training
- Insufficient exposure
- Cross-cultural differences
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.