ZTS offers International Protocol and Diplomacy Training, which will give complete knowledge about international protocol standards. The protocol is a rule that describes how an activity is to be performed, most often in the field of diplomacy. In diplomatic services and other fields of governance, protocols are considered to be unwritten guidelines of behaviour and conduct.
International protocol standards are nothing but a set of international courtesy rules that are important for delegates interacting cross-culturally at an international level. With trade and commerce as well as governance extending beyond a nation, the need for cross-border and cross-culture interaction is extremely important and critical.
Inappropriate conduct or representation of an organisation or government at an international level could drastically impact the growth and progress of the organisation or nation. Thus, the understanding international protocol is extremely critical—the need of the hour.
International protocol standards have been devised to foster seamless, comfortable and respectful interaction between individuals of different cultures and nationalities at an international level. Because of the importance of maintaining protocol at international forums, it requires special training and attention. Some organisations have specific roles dedicated to international protocol; this role is typically called a protocol officer.
A protocol officer is one who helps facilitate communication and cross-cultural respect between individuals, colleagues, clients, organisations and nations. Protocol is also considered to be a very important part of diplomatic practise linked to history, royalty, religion, culture and language. International protocol standards span across various aspects, such as forms of address, seating arrangements, order of precedence, dining protocol, flag protocol, etc.
Flag Protocol, in particular, is of utmost importance and defines rules or guidelines for proper placement, handling, use and disposal of national flags by respective nations. Thus, understanding and successfully following international protocol helps create organisation and/or national identify and reputation, in turn maximising opportunities for international collaboration, trade and commerce and other activities contributing to growth and progress of the nation.
This Zoe’s International Protocol and Diplomacy Certification training will empower you with a complete, in-depth understanding of international protocol standards.
By undertaking this course, you will not only be equipped with the required knowledge to train other colleagues on international protocol but also have the required experience and confidence to successfully represent your organisation or nation at an international level.
This International Protocol and Diplomacy Certification training will help you understand the impact of protocol and the need to maintain international protocol standards. It will also provide you with the required skill and confidence to manage complex international protocol effortlessly, thus demonstrating your potential and increasing growth opportunities for yourself within and outside your organisation.
The main objective of this International Protocol and Diplomacy Certification training course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and in-depth understanding of international protocol standards
- the confidence and skill to manage complex international protocol effortlessly
- the ability and confidence to develop a sense of personal presence that is positively impactful
- the required experience and knowledge to master cross-cultural fundamentals that will foster successful and effective cross-cultural communication
- the required skill set and experience to not only provide training to colleagues but also become an in-house protocol expert for your organisation
- the adequate experience, exposure, skill and confidence to undertake roles and responsibilities involving travelling abroad for international meetings
- the skillset, knowledge and confidence to deliver keynote addresses, demonstrating potential and contributing to organisational and/or national branding, reputation and success
- the required experience and knowledge to maximise opportunities for career growth and progression
Zoe Talent Solutions offers training courses that cater to a wide range of audience. Great importance is laid on ensuring that the content is closely relevant to the professional backgrounds and experience of the training audience. The course content is thoroughly reviewed and amended, if needed, before the commencement of each course session.
The training is delivered by a highly experienced expert in the relevant domain, who also fosters trainee participation through group activities. Practical training takes precedence, and the trainer involves all participants in role-play to provide first-hand practical experience of interaction and conduct at international platforms. Experiential learning helps provide more scenarios and topics of discussion to understand the course topic in-depth.
This international protocol training course, like all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, follows the very successful Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this international protocol training will benefit in the following ways:
- Experienced and trained personnel/organisation representatives who thoroughly understand international protocol standards
- Better corporate identity and reputation at an international level
- Smoother and more successful cross-border, cross-cultural interaction and collaboration
- Organisational growth and development because of more successful international meetings and collaborations
- Regular and continuous in-house training for international protocol
- More choice of trained and experienced representatives to attend international meetings and conventions to interact and foster collaboration at an international level
Professionals attending this International Protocol and Diplomacy Certification course will benefit in the following ways:
- In-depth knowledge of international protocol standards and the importance and impact of international protocol
- Enhanced skills and experience to successfully represent one’s own organisation and/or nation at an international level
- Increased opportunities to travel abroad to attend international meetings and facilitate international collaboration, thus fostering career growth and progression
- Greater exposure to cross-cultural beliefs and practices to effortlessly interact with individuals of different cultures and nationalities
- Enhanced skill set and confidence to successfully undertake higher roles and responsibilities and contributing to one’s organisation’s and/or nation’s success
- Increased knowledge, understanding and experience to contribute to creating an identity or reputation for one’s organisation and/or nation at an international level
- Increased confidence and knowledge to undertake responsibilities of training colleagues in international protocol standards
- Increased capability to become an in-house protocol officer for one’s organisation
- A sense of pride to successfully represent one’s organisation and/or nation at an international level and contribute to its growth and development
Who Should Attend
- Members of the senior management of an organisation who need to understand the criticality and impact of international protocol
- Protocol officers responsible for facilitating international communication and collaboration
- Embassy and other diplomat personnel involved in international communication and interaction that offer opportunities to represent one’s organisation and/or nation
- Meeting and event planners who organise events at an international level
- Private consultants and advisors who partake in the organisation and management of international events
- Global entrepreneurs, administrative professionals and those members of the government who travel often or host delegates of other nations for interaction, communication and collaborations
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about international protocol standards
The International Protocol and Diplomacy Certification course will cover the following topics to thoroughly understand the importance and impact of international protocol:
Module 1 – Aspects of International Protocol
- Greetings and introductions
- Names and titles
- Planning and organisation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Meals and dining
Module 2 – International Protocol Competencies
- Personal competencies
- Business competencies
- Strategic competencies
Module 3 – Cultural Influence in International Protocol
- Forms of address and introduction
- Local concept of social time
- Conversation topics
Module 4 – Non-Verbal Communication Protocol
- Rules of introduction
- Eye contact
- Body gestures
- The art of the ‘handshake’
Module 5 – Dining Rules and Protocol
- Invitations and RSVPs
- Table setting
- Seating arrangements
- Menu creation
- Art of toasting
Module 6 – Rules and Formulae for Introduction
- Order of precedence
- Remembering names
- Business card handling
- Business talk and time management
- Salutations and signs of address
Module 7 – Bilateral and Multilateral Event Protocol
- Hosting foreign delegation
- Visiting a foreign country
- Organising meetings and negotiations
- Organising signing ceremonies
Module 8 – International Electronic Communication Protocol
- Video conferencing
Module 9 – Universal Flag Protocol
- On a mast or pole
- Other places
- Multiple flags
- On a helicopter
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
- Check our all Public Relation Courses