What is Fundraising? Fundraising is a mode and means to raise funds or other resources. It is also indicated as the efforts and activities undertaken to garner the interests of potential investors.
Fundraising is an extremely significant initiative undertaken to help sponsor a cause of goodwill or charity and help balance the quality of life and distribution of wealth within a nation.
How does Fundraising work? Fundraising has several sources, such as grants from agencies, foundations and corporations; individuals and through sales and services.
Funds are raised through different innovative and suitable channels such as special events, focused campaigns, relationship building and networking events, professional fundraisers, etc. This Zoe Course will help you master the art of effective aid coordination and fundraising.
The main objective of this Fundraising course is to empower professionals with—
- the competency, capability and confidence to contribute to developing organisations and nations as well as the underprivileged through effective aid coordination and fundraising
- the essential exposure to partake or independently drive events and activities for raising funds from donor organisations or other forums for charitable purposes
- the necessary skill, experience, exposure and confidence to accept critical roles in aid coordination and fundraising for the organisation, thus proving potential and achieving rapid career progression and development
Like all Zoe Talent Solutions’ courses, experiential learning receives major focus and attention. However, the training content and technique is flexible and customisable according to the professional experience of the audience and their roles in their respective organisations.
An extremely experienced trainer delivers the course and trainee participation is encouraged through group debates, contests, presentations, role-plays, active and relevant case study discussions, etc.
This course follows Zoe Talent Solutions’ Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations who nominate their employees to attend this Fundraising course will gain the following benefits:
- Prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation using a range of methods and channels
- How to frame and articulate a major gifts strategy?
- Technology tools and methods for integrating communications, events and fundraising efforts
Individuals who attend this Fundraising course will gain the following benefits:
- Learn about the distinctive types and sources of donations
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the fundamentals of why and how donors give, and how you can meet their goals
- Discover how to approach different donors, how to prepare, how to present and how to follow-up on established contacts
- Recognise the most common fundraising challenges and pitfalls and learn how to overcome them
Who Should Attend
- Program/ Project Managers, Public Relations and Fundraising officers
- Members of fundraising organisations who need to further understand best practices of fundraising
- Event managers and organisers who are recruited for organising charitable or special events for a particular cause
- Human resource professionals and organisational committees responsible for managing corporate and social responsibility activities
- Any other professional who would like to know more about fundraising from donor organisations
Module 1 – Setting the stage for Fundraising
- Preparing your organization for fundraising by defining your organization’s vision, mission and core values
- Developing strategic and Fundraising Plans
- Setting Fundraising SMART Objectives
- Identifying your stakeholders and how to involve them
Module 2 – Methods of Fundraising
- Special events
- Donor relationship and cultivation
- Capital and comprehensive campaigns
- Accountable fundraising
- Professional fundraising
- Online fundraising
Module 3 – Sources of Fundraising
- Grants from agencies, foundations and corporations
- Individual donors
- Sales and services
Module 4 – Communicating with your donor
- Timely response to inquiries and complaints
- Publishing annual reports
- Updating paperwork
- Expressing gratitude
- Connecting donors to beneficiaries
Module 5 – Writing winning Grants Application
- Grants Preparation and Planning
- Developing Goals, and Objectives
- Finalizing and Submitting Grants Application
Module 6 – Best Practices of Fundraising
- Using credible, cost-effective fundraising methods
- Being accountable
- Appealing to donors and giving them reasons to support your cause
Module 7– Deterrents to Fundraising
- Lack of patience
- Insufficient planning
- Poor communication
- Poor networking
- Lack of appeal/credibility
- Lack of long-term planning