Information Technology (IT) project management is the process of managing the planning, organisation and accountability of IT projects for an enterprise. The scope of IT projects is most often large, with these projects being extremely complex.
The complex nature of IT projects can be attributed to the required response to rapidly changing technologies, with end-users demanding greater ease-of-use and flexibility. The magnitude of IT projects extends beyond applying knowledge, aligning skills and using regular tools and techniques to drive a project to completion.
IT project managers deal with multiple challenges, including interdependent integrations, rapid technology upgrades and version changes that can occur through the project timelines. Another important and challenging aspect of IT project management is information security, which is also one of the prime checkpoints and indicators of a project’s success.
Information security refers to the protection of confidentiality, integrity and availability of project information. In an effort to complete complex projects in the defined timeline and cost, to stay competitive in the market, IT project managers may overlook some basic yet key factors to the success of a project. Thus, training to manage IT projects successfully is very important.
This Zoe training course will empower you with the complete knowledge and experience to independently handle and successfully manage IT projects for your organisation. This will not only prove your credibility but will also lead to greater opportunities of undertaking higher roles and responsibilities within your organisation, fostering growth and progression.
The experience and perspective gained through this course will help you handle complex and challenging projects with ease, addressing and successfully mitigating risks in order to not affect the project outcome and help your organisation stay competitive in the fast, dynamic technological space.
The main objective of this Information Technology Project Management Course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed information and knowledge about successfully managing complex IT projects
- the necessary confidence and experience to predict challenges and risks and address these to prevent impact on project outcomes
- the required agility and adaptability to accept sudden changes in requirements with changing technology and incorporate these in the project plan, without hampering project completion time, quality or budget
- the foresight to predict competition and upcoming technologies and related changes in order to pre-empt changing customer demands and make features available in time, helping the organisation stay competitive in the market
- the confidence and experience to self-learn and upskill one-self to apply advanced techniques and concepts in managing and completing IT projects
- the skill and experience to understand business requirement and link project outcome to organisational goals, thus contributing to organisational growth and success while also maintaining good stakeholder relationships
- the ability and knowledge to document all important aspects of a project for future reference and version control
- the required maturity to manage the information security aspect of IT projects
The training method at Zoe Talent Solutions is unconventional, in that practical learning is given more importance than theoretical training. While the theoretical aspect is covered through lectures using audio-visual presentations, practical training is facilitated through group activities such as assignments, tasks, role-plays, case study discussions and debates, etc. Experiential learning is also encouraged.
Zoe Talent Solutions follows a unique training method according to the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
With professionals undertaking this Information Technology Project Management Course, organisations will benefit in the following manner:
- Trained employees to successfully handle and manage complex IT projects within time and budget constraints
- Faster technological developments, thus affording the organisation a competitive advantage in the market
- Organisational growth because of advancement in technology, with the latest technology being applied to enhance productivity, quality and overall performance in terms of achievement of goals
- Greater investments because of high success at the IT front
- Dynamic and agile management of IT projects because of experienced employees handling and accommodating changing demands
- Greater customer satisfaction because of immediate changes to project plans and deliverables as per changing customer needs
- Lower costs because of the elimination of duplication of work or manual intervention
- Increased credibility because of higher quality, reliability and productivity
Professionals will derive the following benefits by undertaking this Information Technology Project Management Course:
- Increased knowledge, confidence and experience to successfully manage IT projects despite time, budget and other constraints
- Increased agility and adaptability to alter approaches and project plans as per changing customer requirements and advancing technology
- Greater confidence and understanding to upskill oneself to be able to keep pace with changing technology, thus helping one stay competitive and competent
- Better knowledge and understanding to accurately apply advanced technologies to expedite project delivery and reduce manual intervention or duplication
- Greater experience and foresight to predict changes in customer demands and make changes in project deliverables and outcome accordingly, in turn helping one’s organisation stay competitive in the market
- Increased flexibility and skill to absorb rapid changes in business requirements, without these affecting project completion timelines
- Better understanding and knowledge to effectively document project plan, details and outcome for future reference and version control
- A sense of pride to contribute to increased customer satisfaction and organisational growth because of credibility through the success of IT projects
- Greater maturity to manage information security effectively
Who Should Attend
- IT professionals of an organisation responsible for delivering projects within timelines and budgets while meeting quality benchmarks
- Top management and other senior members of an organisation who need to understand the importance of IT and IT projects
- Business owners and managers who provide requirements and desired outcomes to IT teams
- Other stakeholders involved in planning, handling and managing IT projects
- Investors who should understand the importance of IT and the success of an organisation on the IT front before making investment decisions
- Any other professional who desires to know more about managing IT projects
The course covers the following topics important to understanding IT project management:
Module 1 – Overview of IT Project Management
- Definition of agile and waterfall approaches
- Difference between agile and waterfall approaches
Module 2 – Components of IT Infrastructure Management
- Wireless and wired access
- Data centre and storage facilities
- Virtual and remote assets
Module 3 – Types of IT Projects
- Software development and initiation
- Hardware installation
- Network system upgrades
- Data management
Module 4 – IT Project Life Cycle
- Monitoring and Control
Module 5 – IT Project Manager Responsibilities
- Project planning and management
- Project support/sponsor
- Capability assurance with existing technology
- Duplicate work minimisation
- Optimal skill utilisation
- Cost and budget maintenance
Module 6 – Challenges of IT Project Managers
- Multiple assumptions during various integrations
- Unclear business requirements
- Changing end-user needs and preferences
- Rapidly changing technology
- Mid-project upgrades
- Remote work
Module 7 – Importance of Effective IT Project Management
- Improved customer relations
- Shorter development time
- Lower costs/Higher quality
- Increased reliability
- Improved productivity
- Better internal coordination
Module 8 – Keys to Successful IT Projects
- Clear end objective
- End-user training/hand-holding
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Transparent workflow
- Management of scope change
- Risk management
- Adequate documentation
- Good audit process
- Project governance
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.