Architects are the people who shape the project. It is very critical for Architects to understand the concepts of project management as it would help them to design the project. The Architects need to work along with the Project Managers to work towards making the project successful. With a better understanding of Project Management, Architects will be able to perform their role in the projects better.
This Zoe training course will enhance your knowledge about Project management processes and various knowledge areas of the project. This course is designed to cover all the aspects related to projects and project management and hence making Architects working on them more responsible for their role.
The key objectives of this training course are to empower Architects to—
- Understand the importance of Good and timely delivery of documents
- Ensure that they understand their roles in project management
- Understand the types of the project life cycle and the different processes involved in the project
- Acquire the knowledge areas related to a project and their integration
- Work on the different challenges to make sure that the project has a balance between the triple constrains and is completed in time and within budget
- Use the Best way of communication to be carried out by the project team
- Exploring the different ways of identifying Risk and analysing them and managing the same
Zoe Talent Solutions engages highly experienced trainers from related domains to deliver the training with the help of audio-visual presentations. Zoe Talent Solutions lays great emphasis on customised training solutions, the course content is thoroughly reviewed by the trainers before each session to check applicability to the training audience.
Trainee participation through group activities and assignments, role-plays and case study discussions form an essential part of the training program. Experiential learning is also given equal importance within the design of training.
‘Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model’ is used in all our training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions.
After Architects undertake this training course, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Experienced Architects who are working on the project, will understand the importance of project management
- The project scope would be clearly understood and the time and the cost plan for the project would be estimated accordingly
- Adherence to all the project management plan and all the components related to it
- Better and effective Resource management which would enhance the productivity of the team
- Satisfied and contented stakeholders who are important for project acceptance and handover
- Structured communication between different parties at all the stages of the project
- Effective mechanisms to identify the risks in the projects and analysing the same and working on response plans and reserves
Architects who would undertake this training would gain the following knowledge:
- Understanding more about Projects and Project Management
- The Architects would be more confident about their roles in project management
- More attention would be given to the details of understanding the different stages of a Project
- Architects would be more focused on clarifying the scope of a project before starting the project
- Improved attention to details of the schedule and focusing on following the schedule
- Greater confidence when accessing the Budget and Cost Control
- Will be able to manage the stakeholders better who are your projects
- Energetic performance in managing the resources and the productivity of the resources
- Enhanced skillset and capabilities to identify, analyse and manage risks in the project
Who Should Attend
- Architects / Senior Architects who are a part of a project at any stage
- Senior Project Team members who have an Engineering background
Project Management Course for Architects covers the following topics:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Importance of Project Management for Architects
- Difference between Operations and Projects
- Architectures involvement in a project
Module 2 – Project Management Concepts
- What is a Project?
- Project Life Cycle
- Triple Constrains in a Project
Module 3 – The 5 Processes
- Monitoring and Control
Module 4 – Understanding Scope of a Project
- Definition of the project scope
- Project Charter and other documents
- Work Breakdown Structure
Module 5 – How does a Schedule Work?
- Creating Activities and Sequencing Activities
- Calculating Duration for the Activities
- Developing Schedules
- Baselining and Updating Schedules
Module 6 – Resource Requirement of a Project
- Understand the resource requirements for the projects
- Estimate resources and acquiring them
- Managing and Controlling resources
Module 7 – Cost Calculation for a Project
- Estimating Cost
- Preparing Budget
- Controlling Cost
- Earned Value Analysis
Module 8 – Stakeholders
- Who are Stakeholders?
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Understanding Stakeholder requirements
- Managing Stakeholders
Module 9 – Importance of Communication
- Why communication is important in a project?
- Managing Communication
Module 10 – Procurement
- Planning Procurement
- Monitoring Procurement
Module 11 – How are Project Risks Handled?
- Risk Management Concepts
- Identifying Risks
- Risk Analysis – qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Mitigating Risk
- Managing Reserves
- Monitoring Risks