Warehouse operations are critical to businesses because almost all processes undertaken within warehouses have a marked impact on the growth prospects of an organisation. Why does one need to master warehouse mechanics?
Mastering warehouse mechanics helps identify scope for increasing warehouse performance through increased efficiency, introduction of lean processes, better risk assessment and management, reduction in costs, increase in profit margins, etc.
All steps in warehouse operations, including receiving, put-away, picking, dispatching, etc, need to be closely monitored and efficiently performed so that customer demands are met in time. Receiving operations are an integral part of ensuring integrity of inventory systems and timely fulfilment of customer requirements.
Accurate and detailed documentation is equally important. An inefficient put-away process could lead to an increase in travel time during the picking and packing processes. Similarly, unorganised picking and packing processes could lead to errors and defects, which could impact the timeline of dispatch of goods and result in customer dissatisfaction.
This Zoe training course will empower you with a complete understanding of warehouse mechanics and how each of the processes within warehouse operations can be closely reviewed to check for enhancements, to increase efficiency and have a long-term effect on client satisfaction and organisational growth.
The knowledge and understanding gained through this Masterclass in Warehouse Design course will provide you a competitive edge over others in not only handling daily tasks at the warehouse but smartly carrying out various functions and devising innovative ways to make things better, ensuring continuous improvement and inviting further growth opportunities.
The main objective of this Masterclass in Warehouse Design training course is to empower professionals with—
- complete knowledge and understanding of warehouse mechanics
- the overall skillset, capabilities and confidence to not only manage warehouse operations but innovate and introduce game-changing enhancements benefiting the organisation and in turn one’s career growth and progression
- the confidence, knowledge and experience to train other professionals on warehouse mechanics
- the perspective, exposure and understanding to carefully review existing systems and processes and devise ways to improve things through smooth change management
- the understanding and knowledge to assess risks and make provisions to better manage risks to prevent increase in costs impacting organisational growth
- the experience and confidence to increase warehouse performance and operations by identifying the correct metrics to be tracked and managed
- the overall skillset and experience to gain a competitive advantage over others in handling warehouse mechanics and operations more efficiently
- the ability and potential to contribute to increased client satisfaction through increased efficiency and better quality of goods
All training courses at Zoe Talent Solutions are extremely customisable as per the professional experience and backgrounds of the training audience. The training is delivered by a highly experienced individual from the relevant domain, using detailed and helpful audio-visual presentations.
Two-way participation is encouraged through group activities and projects. Role-plays and case study discussions encourage participation further. Trainees are also encouraged to share relevant experiences at the workplace, and these are discussed in detail to draw relevance to the training content.
This course follows the format of all other Zoe Talent Solutions courses, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals enrolling for this Masterclass in Warehouse Design course, organisations will derive the following benefits:
- Better warehouse operations and management by experienced and trained professionals
- Application of advanced tools and techniques for each process in warehouses, thereby enhancing warehouse performance
- Objective metrics to track employee performance and introduce measures to increase efficiency and quality
- Better risk assessment and management, thereby increasing credibility of the organisation
- Reduced costs incurred from occupational hazards and risks
- Organisational growth because of increased credibility, reduced risks and reduced costs
- Regular audits to check for process enhancements and smooth change management
- Regular training of other professionals on warehouse mechanics, at no additional cost
- Better safety of goods and turn-around-time as well as better quality of products, resulting in client satisfaction
- Adherence to internationally recognised and relevant standards of quality and performance
Professionals enrolling for this Masterclass in Warehouse Design course will derive the following benefits:
- Complete and clear understanding and knowledge of warehouse mechanics
- Competitive advantage over other professionals in overseeing or performing specific roles of warehouse operations
- Increased confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on warehouse mechanics
- Increased experience, confidence and knowledge to ideate and devise innovative steps and processes to bridge gaps in existing systems, thereby ensuring seamless change management
- Enhanced skillset and capabilities to contribute to organisational growth through better risk assessment and management as well as reduced costs
- Better understanding and experience to work with and apply advanced methods and techniques to improve warehouse mechanics, thereby demonstrating talent and securing one’s career growth and progression
- Increased knowledge and exposure to ensure all processes and systems adhere to internationally recognised standards of quality
- Enhanced perspective to devise objective metrics to track employee performance and make relevant changes to enhance performance in terms of efficiency and quality
- The overall skillset, experience and capabilities to undertake critical roles and responsibilities in any organisation or industry
Who Should Attend
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the importance of training employees in warehouse mechanics
- Warehouse employees involved in performing specific or all functions and processes within a warehouse
- Quality managers responsible for tracking and maintaining the quality of warehouse operations
- Auditors and compliance officers who need to assure and confirm that all processes and systems in warehouses affirm to expected standards
- Warehouse managers and supervisors responsible for overseeing warehouse operations and systems
- Any other professional who would like to master warehouse mechanics
The Masterclass in Warehouse Design course covers the following areas important to master warehouse mechanics:
Module 1 – Components of the Receiving Process
- Shipment identification
- Product count
- Product inspection
- Receiving documentation
Module 2 – Improving Warehouse Receiving Efficiency
- Compilation of right metrics
Module 3 – Types of Put-Away Processes
- Direct put-away
- Directed put-away
- Batch and sequenced put-away
- Interleaving or continuous moves
Module 4 – Improving the Put-Away Process
- Collect data
- Introduce real-time analytics
- Monitor storage capacity and space availability
- Reduce traveling time
- Use direct put-away, when possible
- Use fixed and dynamic locations
- Keep warehouses clean and organised
Module 5 – Methods of Order Picking
- Piece picking
- Zone picking
- Wave picking
- Sorting systems
- Pick-to-box method
Module 6 – Types of Replenishment Methods
- Day or wave demand replenishment
- Opportunistic replenishment
- Top-off/lean-time replenishment
- Emergency replenishment
Module 7 – Improving the Order Picking and Packing/Dispatching Processes
- Conduct ABC analysis/order profiling
- Select correct picking methodology
- Use technology
- Minimise handling and movement
- Improve storage
Module 8 – Key Principles of Inventory Management
- Demand forecasting
- Warehouse flow
- Inventory turns/Stock rotation
- Cycle counting
- Process auditing
Module 9 – Warehouse Analytics Strategies for Improving Warehouse Operational Efficiency
- Predict demand more accurately
- Plan for smarter inventory location
- Make data meaningful, accessible and comprehensible
- Enable complex supplier networks; reduce risks
- React quicker to supply chain issues
- Influence financial objectives
- Manage multiple chains
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.