A holistic program that looks after all aspects of warehouse, stores and stock control management. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the objectives and functions of materials and supply chain management (stock control, purchasing, stores and physical distribution) and how they relate to each other
- Classify stock items based on the ABC classification model
- Forecast future demand for different stock items
- Set Re-Order Points (ROP), EOQ and safety stocks for different stock items
- Explain the basic purchasing process and demonstrate how to apply the Incoterms
- Apply best practices in warehouses to maintain accurate inventory records
- List the various transportation functions and costs
- Definitions of Materials Management
- The Functions and Objectives of Materials Management
- Organization, Policies and Procedures
- The Importance of Customer Service in Materials and Supply Chain
- Problems in Materials Management
- Inventory Planning and Stock Control
- Inventory Costs
- The ABC Classification
- Application of the ABC Classification
- Forecasting and Planning in Materials Management
- How to Deal with Conflicting Objectives
- Forecasting Objectives
- Different Forecasting Models
- Evaluation of Forecasts
- Materials Planning and Control
- The Economic Order Quantity
- The Maximum/Minimum System
- The Importance of Controlling Lead Time
- Setting the Re-Order Levels
- Setting of Safety Stocks
- How to Deal with Constrained Quantity Discount Schemes
- The Purchasing Function
- Basic Purchasing Process
- Factors to Consider when Selecting Suppliers
- Definition and Application of Incoterms
- Suppliers Evaluation
- Negotiating with Suppliers
- Receiving, Storage and Issuing
- Inventory Record Accuracy Requirements
- Calculating Record Accuracy
- Periodic Cycle Counting
- How to Improve Record Accuracy
- The Transport Function
- Methods of Transport
- Responsibilities of Traffic
- Transport Expenses
- Cost-Reduction Opportunities
- Routing and Cubing
Who Should Attend?
Individuals involved in any or all functions of materials and supply chain management (inventory, warehousing, purchasing and transportation) who are concerned with successfully providing acceptable customer or user service at a minimum cost; also, for anyone who needs to know more about the role of materials management.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.