This training course will help you build stronger relationships, succeed at work, and achieve your career and personal goals. You will learn skills like managing your non-verbal communication, how to interpret and manage your emotions and balance your optimism and pessimism. This course will make you more aware of your own thoughts and feelings and as a result improve your ability to interact with others both in the workplace and at home. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence
- Learn the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner
- Verbally communicate with others
- Interpret and manage your emotions
- Master tools to regulate and gain control of one’s own emotions
- Articulate your emotions using the right language
- Balance optimism and pessimism
- Effectively impact others
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace
- Use the concepts and techniques in the workplace
Getting Started Housekeeping Items
- Workshop Objectives
- The Parking Lot
- Action Plan
What is Emotional Intelligence? Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Snapshot of Academic Theory of EI & Assessing EQ
- 5 Dimensions of the Trait EI Model
- Lesson 2 Workbook Activity: EQ Self-Assessment
Self-Awareness (SA) Self-Awareness
- Seeing the Other Side
- Giving in Without Giving Up – The Art of Compromise
- Life Positions – You and Only You Can Choose Your Mindset
- Lesson 3 Workbook Activities
Self-Regulation/Managing Emotions (ME) The ‘EQ brain’ and How it Works
- The Science of Emotions
- Amygdala Hijack – What’s Happening Inside Our Head When We Lose Control
- Understanding Emotions
- Find Your Self-Control… Take Back Your Amygdala
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Relaxation Techniques
- Lesson 4 Workbook Activities
Self-Motivation (M) Optimism
- The Balance between Optimism and Pessimism
- The Power of Re-Framing: The Balance between Optimism and Pessimism
- Lesson 5 Workbook Activity
Empathy (E) What are the Barriers to Empathy?
- Developing Your Empathy
- Lesson 6 Workbook Activity
Social Skills (SS) Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
- Traits of a Person with High Social Skills
Skills in Emotional Intelligence How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Understand Emotional Meanings
- Manage Emotions
- Lesson 8 Workbook Activity
Verbal Communication Skills Verbal Communication – Clear Message, Emotionally Effective
- Focused Listening
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Non-Verbal Communication Skills Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Social Management and Responsibility Articulate your Emotions Using Language
- Business Practices
- Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
Wrapping Up Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Who Should Attend?
Professionals working in Human Resources Planning or Human Resources Administration who need to sharpen their knowledge and skills in this important field. This program is also suitable for Human Resources employees under development, who need to learn the basics of Human Resources policies and procedures as part of their development program.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
No Reviews found for this course.