Advanced project management helps to handle more complex projects and deal with a wider range of project management-related challenges. Managing more complicated projects involves the application of different project management theories and concepts, use of advanced tools and techniques and updated software to plan, implement and manage a project.
Organisational project management refers to a framework that constitutes programs, projects and the like to deliver organisational strategy in order to improve performance and produce better results. It is an integration of knowledge, processes and people, supported by tools and techniques.
Professionals in project management attain the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, which is the highest and universally recognised certification of one’s project management knowledge, skill, experience and capability to successfully manage complex projects, including international ones.
This advanced project management course by Zoe training will empower you with complete information, knowledge and experience to undertake and successfully complete the Project management Professional exam. Further, the understanding and knowledge gained through this course will enhance your potential and performance in managing a project despite time, budget and other constraints, thus demonstrating your capabilities to assume higher roles and responsibilities in your organisation, in turn fostering career growth and progression.
The main objective of this course is to empower project management professionals with—
- detailed understanding and knowledge of advanced project management concepts as well as tools, techniques and software
- the required awareness and knowledge of critical success factors of a project, such as quality, budget, risk management, etc., to be able to focus on these to deliver a successful project
- the required analytical skills to enhance the results of the project management process
- the potential, confidence and experience to successfully manage international projects
- the experience and foresight to conduct risk analyses, pre-empt challenges and take precautionary action to mitigate these challenges
- the necessary understanding of the importance of all stakeholders and the skill to maintain healthy relations with all these stakeholders
- the ability to understand the impact and contribution of strategic project management plans to organisational objectives
- the potential and skill to successfully manage complex projects, mitigating risks, maintaining relationships and implementing smart tracking measures
- the experience, knowledge and preparedness to successfully undertake and complete the PMP certification exam
Zoe Talent Solutions focuses on a practical rather than theoretical approach to learning. Lectures by an experienced professional form a small part of the training. Importance is laid on relevance to the training audience, and thus, each course is thoroughly reviewed and customised, if needed.
Trainee participation is encouraged through role-plays, one-on-one and group negotiations, assignments, etc. Relevant case studies are also discussed to foster reference.
Against conventional methods, all Zoe Talent Solutions courses, including this, follow the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals attend this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Employees with experience, skill and knowledge similar to that of a PMP-certified professional
- Successful and risk-free management of complex projects, including international ones
- Use of advanced tools, techniques and software to manage large, complex projects seamlessly
- Regular project management training for other employees at no additional costs
- Organisational growth because of the alignment of strategic project management plans to organisational goals and objectives
- Effective cost and procurement management for projects
- Good relationships between all stakeholders involved in a project
- Objective metrics and indices to measure and track success and return on investment of projects
Professionals attending this course will benefit in the following manner:
- Complete knowledge, experience and skill to manage complex projects, including international ones
- Increased confidence and skill to impart project management training to other employees
- Enhanced perspective to define and align strategic project management plans with organisational objectives
- Increased skill, confidence and capability to apply new concepts and use advanced tools, techniques and software for successful and seamless management of complex projects
- Greater perspective and foresight to conduct risks analyses, identify potential challenges and address these before they impact the project outcome
- Better preparedness, experience, knowledge and confidence to undertake and successfully complete the (project management Professional)PMP certification examination
- Greater ability and experience to manage projects within the defined costs and time
- Increased understanding and knowledge to define objective metrics and indices to measure and track a project and its success (return on investment), in turn demonstrating potential to assume higher roles and responsibilities in one’s organisation, fostering career growth and progression
- Better analytical and planning skills to undertake project management roles in any organisation or industry, increasing scope and avenues for career growth and progression
- Increased understanding of performance measurement, budget and quality management, transition planning, etc.
Who Should Attend
- Senior members of organisations who need to understand the importance of seamless project planning and management
- Project managers and executives responsible for planning and managing various projects for an organisation
- Project management officers responsible for defining standards and guidelines around project management practices within an organisation
- Finance and human resource department professionals who are important contributors to the success of a project by evaluating the need for and providing adequate resources
- Project sponsors, if any, who need to know all important aspects of project management to be able to make accurate decisions
- Any other professional who would be interested in understanding more about project management
The course will cover the following topics important to understanding advanced project management:
Module 1 – Components of an Organisational Project Management Framework
- Programs and projects
- Business impact analysis
- Value performance analysis
Module 2 – Factors Influencing Project Management
- Strategy communication
- Business processes
- Human capabilities
- Culture and performance systems
- Business and information systems
- Team structure
Module 3 – Critical Steps in Project Management
- Monitoring and control
Module 4 – Step 1 – Project Management – Initiation
- Existing plan review
- Stakeholder analysis
- Key deliverable identification
- Project charter preparation
- Benefit analysis for strategic alignment
Module 5 – Step 2 – Project Management – Planning
- Requirement analysis
- Risk assessment
- Management plan development
- Human resource
- Project schedule development
Module 6 – Step 3 – Project Management – Execution
- Project resource acquisition and management
- Task execution management
- Quality management implementation
- Corrective action implementation
- Change and risk management
- Information flow management
- Stakeholder relationship
Module 7 – Step 4 – Project Management – Monitoring and Control
- Project performance measurement
- Project change management
- Project delivery quality management
- Risk assessment and monitoring
- Issue log review and correction action definition
- Learning capture and analysis
- Procurement activity monitoring
Module 8 – Step 5 – Project Management – Closure
- Deliverable acceptance achievement
- Ownership transfer
- Financial, legal and administrative closure
- Comprehensive project review
- Project document and material archiving
- Feedback collection
Module 9 – Differential Aspects Between Project and Program Management
- Tactical vs. strategic
- Objective alignment
- Responsibility scope
- Horizontal vs. vertical responsibility
- Work effort
- Risk management
- Life cycle involvement
- Process orientation
- Skills and capabilities
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.