A basic and essential workshop for all those in the trainer or budding trainer role. The program will build all required competencies in participants to become effective trainers/facilitators. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the strategic significance of training through emphasis on aligning training with strategy, marketing training within the organization and partnering with managers and supervisors
- List the strategic, tactical and administrative competencies of the training professional
- Use appropriate methods to conduct a Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- Examine ways to select internal trainers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and to hire external consultants
- Demonstrate the success of training at all evaluation levels – from reaction to Return On Investment (ROI)
The Strategic Framework of Training: An Overview
- The Role of a Training Department
- Approaches Aligning Training with Strategy:
•From Top-Down to Pulse-Taking
- Marketing Training within the Organization:
•Guidelines for Promotional Material
•Your Training Announcement Template
- Partnering with Managers and Supervisors:
•The Style Inventory
•Planning, Preparation, Presentation, and Follow-Up With Managers and Supervisors
Competencies of the Training Manager/Coordinator
- Competency Defined: The Iceberg Metaphor
- Competency: Components and Types
- Strategic and Tactical Competencies
- Planning and Administrative Competencies
- Overview of the 2013 ASTD Competency Framework
The Role of the Training Professional in Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- The Training Assessment Process
- Why Identify Needs?
- Data Collection Methods: Quantitative and Qualitative
- Approaches to Identifying Needs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Selecting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Qualifications for Internal Trainers
- Internal Trainer Selection Process
- Feedback and Coaching Template for Internal Trainers
Hiring a Consultant or External Trainer
- Screening Consultants Criteria Worksheet
- Proposal Evaluation
- Review of a Training Proposal
- Consultant Interview Evaluation Questions
- Monitoring Consultant Performance: Beginning, During, Closing
Demonstrating the Success of Training
- Lessons on How to Evaluate Training
- The Four Levels of Evaluation
- Linking Evaluation Levels with TNA and Instructional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Components of a Complete ILO
- Jack Phillips’ ROI Process Model
- Tabulating Program Costs
- Calculating ROI
Who should Attend?
Training and development professionals involved in the process of training needs analysis, coordinating and organizing training programs, and evaluating the results of training.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.