|19 Sep - 23 Sep, 2022||Live Online||5 Days||$2150||Register|
|12 Dec - 16 Dec, 2022||Live Online||5 Days||$2150||Register|
|15 Jan - 19 Jan, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|23 May - 25 May, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|13 Aug - 17 Aug, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
|18 Dec - 22 Dec, 2023||Live Online||5 Days||$2250||Register|
Human element is one of the root causes of many incidents and illnesses with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) outcomes or potential implications globally, be it work or off-the work. An individual who is not well groomed and trained in Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS) can initiate incidents that result not only in serious human injuries but also multiple fatalities resulting from major incidents. Depending upon the industry, major incidents could be fire, explosion, toxic/lethal releases, collapsing of buildings/ scaffolding, / maritime structures, etc.
Many companies worldwide are orienting their supervisors and workers alike to BBS. BBS has transformed the safety culture in countless companies which had very bad safety records and were on the verge of losing their business. Proactive management leaders invariably send their employees and contractors to the BBS courses and workshops.
What is Behavior Based Safety training? Behavior Based Safety (BBS) course is designed to psychologically shake people at all levels who are caught unaware in their professional and social life regarding safety. Careless attitude towards our actions without realizing irreparable consequences have ruined many lives and caused huge losses to companies. BBS convinces people to prioritize safety at the right time and at the right level.
This Zoe training course will empower participants with comprehensive knowledge of simplicity, complexity and methodology of Behaviour-Based Safety.
This crucial and comprehensive course will equip the participants to:
- Accept the paradox that many of us don’t want to get injury and sickness but our actions lead us to accidents and diseases. We should close the gap between our intentions and actions
- Elevate your level of awareness of safety by making it personal, logical and crucial
- Bring about psychological changes in the thought process of participants regarding safety
- Help Safety impact your life positively by improving our choices and actions
- Make participants overcome the challenges normally encountered so that they embrace and spread the importance of safety
- Catalyse and build a safe culture in your organization, your society, and your family because they are all related
- Introduce some “Guru Mantras” (expert formulae as memory joggers)
- Realise that life is not to be taken for granted. The Almighty can’t send your body spare parts when you need them
- Understand that safety is not assured by you being safe alone but also by making others safe. It is a collective effort with a win-win situation for all
- Help participants participate in highly engaging workshop exercises to discover themselves and their gaps with respect to safety so as to correct and improve themselves
- Understand that Safety does not belong to the safety department but each one of us
- Appreciate the relationship between employees’ safety attitude and company’s success
- Leave participants with a mindset of actions towards managing safety and the associated risks
This collaborative behaviour-based Safety training program will comprise the following training methods:
- Lectures (Tutor-assisted online or classroom as per requirements)
- Seminars & Presentations
- Group Discussions and workshops
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
Zoe Talent Solutions follows the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply’ model.
Companies who nominate their employees to participate in this Behavior Based Safety course can benefit in the following ways:
- Build a proactive safety culture through human chain. Individuals form important building blocks. If these units are strong safety-wise, the whole company will sustain and grow
- It is statistically seen that companies with employees trained and groomed in BBS have improved safety performance much to the delight of customers, suppliers, insurance agencies, regulatory/statutory authorities, workers’ families, and other stakeholders
- With BBS ingrained in the DNA of employees and contractors, they are keen to learn other skills and procedures which would support safety, health, and environmental aspects
Individuals who participate in this Behavior Based Safety course can gain from it in the following ways:
- BBS is all about personal benefits. It ensures you live longer and are not victim of injury and illness some of which can be fatal
- BBS starts with individuals and is highly personalized in its adaptation and adoption. It characterizes high quality of an individual which he passes on to his company and the society at large
- BBS is highly infectious. With personal examples and stories, employees and citizens set examples for others. It forms a chain reaction of pro-safety people, ensuring safe and disease-free life for them and incident-free company
Who Should Attend?
This Behavior Based Safety course would be suitable for:
- All workers, managers and top leaders
- HSE Professionals at all levels (trainees, interns, technicians, officers, managers and others)
- All line functions at all levels (trainees, interns, officers, managers, senior managers in operation, maintenance, inspection, engineering, other line disciplines)
- Middle Management and Senior management
- Non-line functions such as office managers
MODULE 1: APPRECIATE YOUR BEAUTIFUL LIFE
- A motivational 7-minute speech by the course facilitator to set the tone
- Feedback/ comments from participants
- Appreciation of how complex our human body is
- My safety story and how I transformed myself
MODULE 2: LEADERSHIP PATRONAGE AND INTRODUCTIONS
- A talk by a member of your senior management highlighting importance of safety culture and their patronization of it (or a sample video for an offsite common class)
- A participant introduces self to at least 10 people on one-to-one basis and gets to know about them
- All participants introduce a person each to the class after they interacted with one another
- Activity: Participant a prisoner or a tourist or a player?
MODULE 3: LEADERSHIP DIRECTIVE AND WHERE YOU STAND WITH RESPECT TO SAFETY
- What you can count on from leadership?
- What leadership expects from you?
- What is your relationship with Safety? (answer the questionnaires flashed by the course facilitator)
- Your Safety Score and where you stand
- What is your relationship with Safety? (each participant tells his/her story)
- The Injury Pyramid
MODULE 4: THE CHALLENGES
- Not speaking when we see someone at risk
- Not accepting when someone points out some safety-related issues with us
- Relationship of the ‘Experience’ to the ‘Risk’
MODULE 5: CONCEPTS AND WORKSHOP ON INJURY AND INCIDENT FREE
- What ‘Injury and Incident Free’ is not?
- What ‘Injury and Incident Free’ is?
- What will you do after undergoing this course?
- Safety is a two-way process. You can’t be safe unless you and those around you have safety attitude. It is one continuum. You become victim because of unsafe behaviour of others and vice-versa
MODULE 6: AUDIO-VISUAL SAFETY TRANSFORMER
- Listen to and view carefully selected audio-visual clippings to enlighten you psychologically
- Comments from participants on each Audio-visual
- Examples of transformational stories after seeing life-changing audio-visuals
- How this methodology may apply to public safety?
MODULE 7: YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
- How much do you love your family?
- How much does your family love you?
- How much do you love your friends and vice versa?
- What if you lose them and they lose you?
- Group discussion and moderation/counselling by course facilitator
MODULE 8: YOU AND YOUR COMPANY
- How important is your company to you?
- How important are you to the company?
- How important are you to your team and vice-versa?
- How important are you to the industry and vice-versa?
- What have you done to sustain that bond?
- Group discussion and moderation/counselling by course facilitator
MODULE 9: YOU AND YOUR WORLD
- How important are you to your neighbours and vice versa?
- How important are you to your society and vice versa?
- Do you have your vision of the world? How motivated you are to achieve it?
- Group discussion and moderation/counselling by the course facilitator
MODULE 9: ANALYSIS OF HUMAN FACTORS WHICH CAUSE ACCIDENTS AND SICKNESS
- Unawareness of our true existence
- Myth that our human body is in auto-pilot mode
- Human body is most expensive and most complex machine ever built and given to you
MODULE 10: OATH-TAKING AND WAY FORWARD
- What next?
- Your actions?
- Your take-aways?
- Activity: Write to each other, share your experience over next one year at least. This course is just a beginning of a safe, healthy and happy long life