Through this program, participants will gain insights into the ways in which problems are defined, and the scope for applying cutting-edge policy and planning solutions to the environmental challenges faced by government, business and regulatory bodies.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Principals of sustainability in relation to land-use planning and spatial planning
- Critique current planning techniques in helping society towards more sustainable futures
- Discuss different models of planning: those which emphasise delivery against sustainability targets; those which emphasise collaboration; and those which emphasis learning
- Identify the future direction of renewable energy development and nature conservation
- Understand the key tools for promoting sustainability: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
This program links together theoretical debates about sustainability at different spatial scales with the practical dimensions of policy formulation and implementation. The planning system is given particular attention because it provides one of the most sophisticated mechanisms for regulating environmental change..
Who Should Attend?
Individuals wishing to gain expertise on contemporary sustainability issues.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.