Earned value management is a comprehensive solution integrating cost information with the schedule of the program by aligning and combining project performance data from cost systems, adding complex budgeting rates and tracking committed costs.
It adds earned value capabilities that in turn help organisations better manage project costs, measure earned value and analyse budget, actual, forecast and performed costs. In the absence of an earned value process, complicated projects can go haywire before anyone recognises a problem.
How does Oracle Primavera help? With Primavera earned value management, organisations are able to generate statistically accurate estimates to understand and relay project performance, leaving adequate time to handle issues.
It involves a robust methodology to integrate project schedule, cost and scope baselines. It is best described as an analytical tool using variance to track project schedule and cost performance and efficiency indicators to indicate project health.
This Zoe training course will empower you with detailed knowledge and information about Primavera earned value management and its importance for effective project management.
This course will also build your capabilities and skill to effectively utilise Primavera earned value management for tracking and introducing timely amendments and corrective action.
Through this course, you will build your competency to work on any project across any industry, thus increasing avenues for job opportunities and growth.
The main objective of this Earned Value Management (EVM) in Primavera course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed knowledge and understanding of Primavera earned value management
- the adequate capabilities and skill to effectively utilise Primavera earned value management for successful project management
- the necessary confidence and knowledge to train other professionals on Primavera earned value management
- a sense of satisfaction and pride contributing to organisational growth through successful project management and client satisfaction through high-quality outcome, in turn fostering career growth and development
- the required awareness, foresight and experience to address issues before they hamper the project performance or outcome
- the skill and experience to draw relevant data to track project performance and communicate the same to all stakeholders
- the required knowledge of government or industry-level standards for measuring project health and performance
- the analytical and strategic skills to align project deliverables and goals to organisational strategic objectives
The training methodology at Zoe Talent Solutions is unique in that each course is customisable as per the professional backgrounds of the participants.
The training format is a mix of theoretical and practical learning. The theoretical aspect is through lectures by a highly experienced professional from the relevant domain, using detailed audio-visual presentations.
The practical aspect is through role-plays or sample projects assigned to trainees during the training course. Trainee participation is also encouraged through group debates, competitions, assignments, etc.
The above format is based on a model devised by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals enrol for this Earned Value Management (EVM) in Primavera course will benefit as follows:
- Trained and experienced employees to work with Primavera earned value management
- Greater project completion success because of optimal utilisation of Primavera earned value management
- Regular and free training of other professionals to work with Primavera earned value management for effective project management
- Organisational growth and development because of greater project completion success
- Better tracking of project cost and schedule performance and early treatment of issues and challenges before they hamper the progress of a project
- Greater client satisfaction because of on-time delivery with high-quality outcome
- Application of industry-level standards and practices for measuring project performance
- Alignment of project deliverables and goals to organisational strategic objectives
- Increased communication among all stakeholders of a project, fostering project success
By undertaking this Earned Value Management (EVM) in Primavera course, professionals will benefit as follows:
- In-depth knowledge and information of Primavera earned value management
- Increased confidence and skill to optimally utilise all features of Primavera earned value management for effective project management
- Enhanced confidence, knowledge and experience to train others on Primavera earned value management
- Greater awareness and preparedness to identify issues early and take corrective action before they affect project deliverables
- Improved analytical and strategic skills to align project deliverables and goals to organisational objectives, thus contributing to organisational growth and facilitating one’s career development through better opportunities
- Greater experience and confidence to check and track project performance and communicate the same to all stakeholders
- A sense of satisfaction and pride to contribute to organisational success through effective project management and client delight through high-quality and on-time delivery
- Increased awareness and knowledge of industry standards for measuring project performance, thus building one’s competency to work with any organisation and successfully manage projects therein
Who Should Attend
- Senior management of an organisation who should understand the importance and benefits of using Primavera earned value management and who need to know project status and performance
- Project team leads and managers responsible for managing complex projects and tracking project performance regularly
- Project coordinators and other project management professionals eager to grow in their roles of project management
- Other stakeholders involved in a project who may need to intervene or interpret and understand project performance or manage projects of their own
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about Primavera earned value management
This Earned Value Management (EVM) in Primavera course covers the following topics regarding Primavera earned value management:
Module 1 – Components of Earned Value Management
- Input data
- Project status indicators
- Earned value forecasting parameters
Module 2 – Implementation of Earned Value Analysis
- Create project
- Define work breakdown structure
- Create calendars
- Define activities
- Assign durations to activities
- Assign logic links
- Perform scheduling
- Assign resources
- Create baselines
- Update schedule
- Analyse earned value
- Publish reports
Module 3 – Primavera Earned Value Management Features
- Comprehensive cost and earned value management
- Integrated cost and schedule information
- Clarity and clear communication of key performance indicators
- Government standards for performance measurement
Module 4 – Steps for Using Primavera Earned Value Management
- Add activities, tie logic and set percentage complete to physical
- Add resource assignments
- Maintain baseline, assign to project
- Customise columns for analysis
- Update physical percentage complete, update resource actual units
- Schedule project, advance data
Module 5 – Features of Cost and Schedule Integration
- Combination of cost and schedule information from other Oracle products
- Budget, forecast, actual and performed cost analysis for complete control
- The utilisation of Primavera earned value management’s flexible interface for linking with scheduling functionality in other products
Module 6 – Features of Government Standards for Project Performance Measurement
- Detailed measurement and modelling of project costs
- Storage of past-period actual values and future-period forecasts for consistent reporting
- Unlimited, user-defined fiscal periods for resource, cost and schedule value storage
- Committed costs tracking for a complete view of costs
- Complex resource rates modelling within escalation factors
Module 7 – Primavera Earned Value Management Benefits
- Project portfolio alignment with organisational objectives
- Improved project efficiency through role-based alignment
- Accurate cost and schedule performance measurement
- Analysis and presentation of project performance data
- Increased program viability
Module 8 – Earned Value Management Challenges
- Senior management/team member support
- Project activity identification
- Work completion assessment
- Project progress data acquisition
- Actual cost data availability
- Contract activity measurement
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.