Everyone & every business faces risks & problems every day. This program is broken down into 3 components starting with
what makes up business risk, then moving into root cause analysis and finishing with the problem-solving techniques we need
to master in today’s ever-changing world.
Step 1 – Risk is real. We need to identify the business risk we face look at the options we have, decide how to handle them &
then measure the impact.
Step 2 – Too often we solve problems only to find they crop up again. The answer: find the real root cause and then address
that. It works. However, we need to learn the process to do this. Thus, root cause analysis is included here.
Step 3 – Finally, once you identify the root causes you need a system to effectively permanently solve them.
The program, therefore, focuses on the key areas and skills required:
- Critical thinking & why it makes the difference
- 12 kinds of business risk
- 4 options with risk
- 9 phase root cause analysis techniques
- 21 step problem-solving system
This seminar will highlight:
- Critical thinking and why it makes the difference
- The various types of business risk and financial risk
- Root cause analysis of business problems
- Problem-solving tools and techniques
- Practical solutions to resolve business problems
Who should Attend?
- Employees on a managerial level
- Finance managers
- Operations managers
- Facilities managers
- District managers
- Exploration managers
- Asset managers
- Senior managers and all other managers who are interested in learning for on financial management
As a result, attending delegates will
- Develop their professional skills
- Increase their knowledge of the latest tools & techniques
- Make more informed and hence better decisions
- Increase their importance to their organization
- Be better placed to liaise effectively with other departments and colleagues regarding current practices and issues
affecting the banking sector
- What is critical thinking
- How to use it
- Why use it
- Resourceful thinking
- 7 Habitual Criteria & core patterns of critical thinking
- 9 essential patterns for more advanced critical thinking
- Critical thinking exercise
- What is risk?
- Identify the types of risks
- Risk: Reward decision model introduction
- The 4 choices to deal with every risk
- Risk models introduced
- Assurance vs. insurance
- Risk exercise
Root Cause Analysis
- Defining Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Basic elements of root cause
- General principles of root cause analysis
- General process for performing and documenting an RCA-based Corrective Action
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Root Cause exercise
- Defining the Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- Introduction of the PDCA model
- The Problem-solving worksheet
- Introduction of the 9-step problem-solving process
- The 21-step expanded model & its value
- 12 problem-solving tools demonstrated
- Problem-solving exercise
Putting it all together
- A case study incorporating the 4 modules covered in the program
- Applying critical thinking
- Applying risk analysis
- Applying root cause analysis
- Applying problem-solving
- Generating a practical result that is usable today
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.