Have you ever given feedback to someone at the workplace? What was the impact?
Have you ever received feedback from someone at the workplace? What was your learning?
Businesses are run by people with emotions. Emotions get involved when we interact with each other in businesses at a personal level. This also leads to the possibility of miscommunication as we might not be able to rightly express ourselves. One of the most important sources of such interactions in organisations is giving and receiving feedback.
What is feedback and why is it important? Feedback is the exchange of information amongst two or more parties. Feedback helps the giver to elevate the level of performance of the business and the team member/s. It further helps the taker/seeker deepen their understanding of what is expected of them by their stakeholders/team members/managers. All such workplace interactions call for human emotions into play. Thus, the need to guard our behaviour while giving and receiving feedback.
This training program offered by ZOE Talent Solutions will take into account the emotions in the work environment and how can they be managed effectively without hurting the sentiments of the co-workers while giving feedback. At the same time, even the receiver needs to be sensitized to receiving feedback with an open mind.
The objectives that will be met after undergoing this program are:
- Learn the necessary attitudes and the mindsets that lead to effective feedback
- Bring about the change in perspective and behaviour making people receptive to feedback
- Avoid costly mistakes that might result from anxiety on part of both the giver and receiver of feedback
- Reinforce positive behaviours at the workplace
To meet these objectives, this program offered by ZOE Talent Solutions will use interactive presentation, exercises, case studies, and group discussions. Role-plays and exercises will provide you with an opportunity to apply what you have learned to real-world scenarios and issues concerning feedback. As each of the participants will bring a unique perspective to the class, you will benefit by sharing the same with others to strike a fine balance in the views, you hold.
ZOE Talent Solutions observes the methodology of Do-review-learn-apply.
The benefits that the company will accrue from this training program are:
- Lead to change in behaviours by developing action plan accordingly
- Create a corporate culture of ‘Open Conversations’
- A performance-oriented culture after bringing about a change in the approach
- Increase in retention rate
- Reduction in Conflict and heartburns
- Boost the confidence and ability of the citizens
The benefits of this program to the participants will be as follows:
- The shift in perspective will help to improve their interpersonal relationships both at work and in personal life
- Effective Team Management
- Better Team Engagement
- Achievement-oriented team-members
- Reduction in attrition
Who Should Attend?
- Change Managers
- Senior Management Professionals
- HR Team
- HR Business Partners
- Line Managers
- First Time Managers
- Project Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Project Team Members
- Continuous Improvement Specialists
- OD Professionals
- Team Leaders
- Any other involved in providing feedback
This training program will include the following modules:
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION
- What is Communication?
- How do we Communicate?
- How do we miscommunicate?
- Different Modes of interaction at the workplace
MODULE 2: FEEDBACK
- Nature of feedback
- Why feedback?
- Motive for Feedback
- Characteristics of Effective feedback
- How can we prevent miscommunication?
- Types of feedback
MODULE 3: HOW TO IMPART FEEDBACK?
- Structure for effective feedback
- Strategies for effective feedback
- Constructive vs. Negative feedback
- Positive Feed-forward vs. Negative Feed-forward
- What works in Feedback?
- What does not work in feedback?
- Non-verbal communication during feedback
- Feedback to fit the learning style of employees
- Supporting data for feedback
MODULE 4: THE POWER OF APPRECIATION
- Understand how to take advantage of the power of Expressing gratitude
- How to increase productivity by appreciating others?
MODULE 5: PRAISING TEAM-MEMBERS
- How to reinforce specific behaviours while praising?
- Critical steps to follow when delivering praise
- How much to praise?
MODULE 6: SELF-INTROSPECTION
- Why Self-Introspection?
- Benefits of Self-Introspection
- Relating self-introspection to feedback
MODULE 7: FEEDBACK TO SENIORS
- Envisage the techniques to share feedback with seniors without hurting their sentiments
- What strategies should you use to deliver a key message simultaneously preserving the relationship with seniors?
- Planning your feedback statement/s
- Opening and closing of feedback
MODULE 8: RECEIVING FEEDBACK
- How do people react while receiving feedback?
- Dealing with aggressively critical people while receiving feedback
- Using a simple yet powerful technique to disarm an aggressive criticiser
- Non-verbal Communication while receiving feedback