Comparatively, it is easier to manage your own work than being accountable for 10 others. First-time managers always are in a spot where they have to start managing his/her team members by also ensuring individual’s deliverables. The role switch can be painful and often people only learn when it was too late!
What are the essential management skills required by New Managers? It is imperative for the new managers to understand the organisation’s expectations and know-how to not only meet but exceed it.
Managerial roles come up with various challenges like conflict management, managing co-workers, provide feedback and coaching etc. You were promoted for your own individual performance, but that will not be the case once you transition to a managerial role.
The Zoe training course will equip you with the latest managerial and technical know-how to manage your working teams effectively. After attending this comprehensive management training, you will be able to implement the latest managerial models and transition into your new role.
You will be able to immediately start delivering from the very first day starting from your communication to the management and stakeholders. You will be able to manage team conflicts, provide feedback and coach your team members.
This course will not only boost your managerial skills but also inculcate new leadership skills, which will make you indispensable for the organisation.
Upon completing this “New Manager Training Course”, participants shall be able to:
- Better manage the switch to a manager
- Set expectations as required by the organisation
- Become aware of the team to manage
- Get appropriately equipped with latest tools and managerial techniques
- Motivate the team under the management
- Set clear goals
- Manage conflicts arising in the team or outside the team
- Delegate effectively
- Realise the importance of communication
- Get leadership understanding
- Identify and manage stakeholders
- Coach your team members
- Share a common vision with the team
This course shall comprise of the following training methods:
- Interactive Sessions and Lectures
- Group Discussions / Role Plays
- Case Studies & Functional Exercises
- Peer Learning
- Hands-on use of latest tools
This course similar to all Zoe training courses will also follow the ‘Do-Review-Learn-Apply’ model.
Organisations who send their employees to attend the ‘New Manager Training Course’, will get the following benefits:
- Empower the New Manager to easily transition into a Management Role
- Better manage the overall team performance by setting a higher standard of Leadership and Management
- Create trust and get the team to confide and believe in the New Leadership
- Establish a common vision
- Execute organisation strategies effectively and efficiently at the operational level
Individuals attending the ‘New Manager Training Course’, will get the following benefits:
- Become more eligible to manage a team
- Get better visibility in your team
- Become more relevant in the current managerial role
- Enhance your team’s performance
- Identify the current challenges and address them with the latest technique and technology
- Become equipped with the latest managerial techniques to manage your team
- Build trust
- Delegate better
- Better manage your switch from an individual contributor to a new manager
Who Should Attend?
- New Managers
- New team managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Potential Managers
- Line Managers
- Middle-level executives
- Start-up founders
Module 1: Realizing the switch from Individual contributor to a First Time Manager
- How to set up your first interaction with the team?
- Having a plan to know your team members
- How to assess the work in hand?
- Getting the right contacts in the organisation
- Setting your own agenda’s
Module 2: Communication Skills
- How to introduce yourself to your team and upper management?
- Which communication to prioritize?
- Understanding the levels of communication
- How to build an effective communication system in your team?
- Listening skills
- How to communicate with Credibility?
- Communicate deliverable and goals for the team
Module 3: Showcasing Leadership skills
- Difference between Management and Leadership
- Overview of different leadership styles
- Self-assessment to understand your leadership style
- Understanding when to use your leadership skills
- How to lead your team under pressure?
- How to share a common vision with the team?
- How to manage a team’s diversity to your benefit?
Module 4: The Art of delegating tasks
- How to identify each team member’s strength and weakness?
- How to identify the key tasks and deliverables for your team?
- How to assign tasks openly and with accountability?
- How to not overdo delegation?
- Learn the skill of empowering the team members when delegating
Module 5: Managing your team
- Embracing remote working
- Managing co-workers
- Clearly defining roles and responsibilities
- How to track productivity?
- Why team-building exercises are important?
- Identify team member’s training needs
- How regular review sessions can improve a team’s performance?
- Staying engaged and motivated with the team
Module 6: Conflict Management
- Understanding various conflicts
- Acknowledging a conflict
- Understanding the ways to handle conflicts
- How to adapt to a conflict?
- How to avoid a conflict?
- How to compromise/cooperate in a conflict?
- Using Harmonization as a technique to avoid conflicts
Module 7: Use of latest technology in your managerial role
- How technology can replace existing ways of managing?
- Identifying the right tools for management
- Understand the importance of instant messaging tool
- How to use productivity tools for tracking a team’s performance?
- Use of technology for virtual rewards and recognitions
Module 8: Stakeholder Management
- Who are stakeholders?
- Identifying the correct stakeholders?
- Different types of stakeholders
- Effective stakeholder communication
- Managing tough stakeholders
- Identify your ‘needs’ from each stakeholder
Module 9: Feedback and Coaching
- Understanding why feedback is important for the team and how to deliver it
- Identifying different feedback approaches
- How to provide both positive and negative feedback to your team and individuals
- Choosing the correct communication tools for feedback
- What is Coaching?
- Difference between training and coaching
- Identify coaching needs in your team
- Understanding different coaching styles and how to implement them