We conduct training courses in Communication Skills over two integral areas – Written and Spoken communication. This course exclusively caters to Effective Communication Skills in Spoken English and is an Advanced Level Training Course.
Any organization looking to position themselves strategically on the global market will know better than to ignore the importance of effective communication skills by their representatives. A single interaction has the potential to make or break a business opportunity, land a million-dollar contract or cause a loss of clients altogether.
In fact, any organisation looking to grow their own brand must invest in the communication competency of their people. At Zoe, we have conducted several training programmes over the last decade on effective communication skills, and the rewards have been out of this world! Our client testimonials will tell of how this course has helped individuals and teams gain tangible success in their functional ability at the workplace.
It has been globally observed that candidates who can express fluency in communication through a flawless register stand a higher chance of a promotion, winning a new project and taking their brand to greater heights.
Through this course, we aim to help each participant build on their communication strengths and learn new and interesting techniques to add to their skillset. We also provide personalised and constructive feedback to each participant making the learning from each module valuable and lasting.
This Zoe training course will empower you to become an advanced communicator at your workplace. Through this course, you will be able to apply the skill of presenting your message in a way that others will appreciate.
You will learn the elements of communication and be able to flex each one to meet your objectives. By ensuring the application of all the aspects integral to effective communication, you will always stand in line for success.
The information and practice gained through this course will help you bridge the gap in your current verbal skills. You will resultantly be better positioned to contribute to your organisation through your improved communication with internal and external customers.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- the understanding of the essential components of effective communication
- real-time feedback on their language structure, tone and non-verbal nuances
- the ability to recognise flaws in their own communication style
- capability to practice recommended methods for effective communication and make personal improvements
- understanding of the importance of effective communication personally and professionally
- express ideas fluently through conversation
- use their words, tone and posture to match the objective of their communication successfully
- techniques to build rapport easily
- use assertiveness to bring out the best in one’s communication
Zoe Talent Solutions designs training courses to cater to our training audience and their distinctive professional background and experience. Classroom sessions with presentations by a highly experienced facilitator form a major part of our training programmes. We encourage trainee participation through group discussions, role-plays, group activities, assessments and more.
Trainees are also requested to share their experiences, issues, concerns and best practices from their respective organisations, which are facilitated by the trainer to optimise learning for the entire participant group.
In alignment with the Zoe Talent Solutions’ unique training methodology, this course follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Individuals become effective at their ability to communicate in all aspects and this will reflect positively for your business
- More professionalism in communication, helping maintain the brand values of your organization
- Greater credibility and respect for the individual and the organisation
- Increased recommendation of your organization in the market on public forums
- The decrease in disappointed customers and disagreements over instructions and ambiguous communication
- Market credibility increases because of stakeholder recommendations for your employees’ communication skills
- Improved individual performance and sense of esteem for the organization
- More rapport building, better teamwork
- Lower attrition as individuals feel invested in, listened to, valued and motivated
Professionals attending this course will benefit in the following ways:
- A clear understanding of the role and importance of effective communication
- Increased self-awareness of one’s ability to communicate at all times
- Access to examples, videos and practice sessions exclusively owned and run by Zoe Talent Solutions
- Ability to identify one’s area of opportunity to recognise and correct common mistakes in communication
- Understanding the effect and impact of not maintaining assertiveness in communication
- A sense of accomplishment contributing to a steady application of all aspects learnt in this course
- Overall improvement in individual performance
- The ability to role-model this skill in the organisation for subordinates to learn from and imitate
Who Should Attend?
- Secretaries of Presidents, Vice-presidents and Senior Management who may need to communicate with internal and external stake-holders everyday
- Team Leaders and Quality Coaches of Knowledge and Business Processing Offices
- Marketing and Sales managers who represent the organizational brand at all times
- Administration executives responsible for client-facing portfolios
- Associates who communicate with clients on a regular basis
- Trainers, teaching staff, educators and administrators responsible for interacting with students and faculty
- Human Resource Managers, Executives and Leaders responsible for employee engagement, and organisational development
- Government officials responsible for communication and administration in government sectors
- Hospital staff, support staff in volunteer camps and faculty communicating with external stakeholders
- Any other professional who would like to improve their spoken communication at an advanced level
- Young Managers who are looking to improve their communication skills to help them advance to the next professional level
The course will cover the following areas that are essential in understanding the importance of Effective Communication Skills and increasing the participants’ ability to practice this skill effectively.
Module 1 – Introduction to Effective Communication
- The Characteristics of an Effective Communicator
- Importance of Communication in the 21st Century
- Communication Self-Assessment
- Basics of Communication
- Elements of Effective Communication
Module 2 – Core Components of Effective Communication
- An Introduction | Components of Communication –
- Verbal Communication
- Importance of the Tone
- Non – Verbal Communication
- Application and Practice
- Assessment and Personal Constructive Feedback
Module 3 – Effective Verbal Communication
- What You Say Matters
- Effect and Impact of Power Words
- Positive Communication
- Words for Success
- Words to Avoid
- Practice Activities & Constructive Feedback
Module 4 – Vocal Impact
- Introduction | The ‘How’ of Effective Communication
- Pronunciation and Syllable Stress
- Common Grammatical Errors
- Construct Effective Sentences
- Word Stress for Vocal Impact
- Role-plays and Constructive Feedback
Module 5 – Non-Verbal Communication
- Introduction | Body Language
- Elements of Non-Verbal Communication
- Do’s and Don’t
- Interpretation of Various Body Signals
- Recommended Postures for Workplace Communication
- Summary and Practice
Module 6 – Role of Listening in Communication
- Introduction | Listening
- The Impact of Listening on Communication
- The 3 Levels of Listening
- Listening with Empathy
- How to Display Effective Listening
- Practice Activities & Constructive Feedback
Module 7 – Probing and Acknowledgment
- Introduction | Questioning Skills
- Use of Effective Probing In Communication
- What is Acknowledgement?
- Benefits of a Sincere Acknowledgements
- The Conversation Cycle
- Rapport Building
- Summary & Assignment
Module 8 – Assertive Communication
- Types of Communication
- Introduction to Assertiveness
- The Art of Assertive Communication
- Applying Communication Components Effectively
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Summary & Personal Constructive Feedback
- Personal Development Plan