This communication skills training course provides practical, effective tools to enable clear and effective communication in all aspects of both your personal and work-related relationships with skills like reading body language, recognising personality types, active listening and much more. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
In this communication skills training course, participants will:
- Gain insight into their personality type and communication preferences, using our proprietary profiling tool
- Learn to recognise other people’s personality types and communication preferences
- Learn to adjust your own communication approach based on need and situation
- Understand barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Learn how to effectively utilise tone
- Master the STAR method for speaking on the spot
- Learn to use body language appropriately
- Learn to listen actively and effectively
- Gain insight into asking open questions
- Become a more effective communicator through the use and application of practical tools
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 1
- Getting to know yourself – What is your personality type?
- What are your communication preferences?
- What are your communication tendencies?
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 2
- Understanding others – What other personality types are out there?
- What are their communication preferences?
- What are their communication tendencies?
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 3
- Making allowance for others and circumstance Consider your approach: What is the receiver’s Choice?
- What type of message are you delivering?
- Is sensitivity, personal touch, speed, evidence, privacy or public acknowledgment important?
- Develop strategies for future application
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 4
- Understanding Communication Barriers An Overview of Common Barriers
- Language Barriers
- Cultural Barriers
- Differences in Time and Place
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 5
- Para-verbal Communication Skills The Power of Pitch
- The Truth about Tone
- The Strength of Speed
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 6
- Non-Verbal Communication Understanding the Mehrabian Study
- All About Body Language
- Interpreting Gestures
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 7
- Speaking Like a S.T.A.R. S = Situation
- T = Task
- A = Action
- R = Result
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 8
- Active Listening Skills Seven Ways to Listen Better Today
- Understanding Active Listening
- Sending Good Signals to Others
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 9
- Asking Good Questions Open Questions
- Closed Questions
- Probing Questions
- Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 10
- Appreciative Inquiry The Purpose of AI
- The Four Stages
- Examples and Case Studies
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 11
- Mastering the Art of Conversation Level One: Discussing General Topics
- Level Two: Sharing Ideas and Perspectives
- Level Three: Sharing Personal Experiences
- Our Top Networking Tips
Communication Skills Training Course – Topic 12
- Conversational Psychology Understanding Precipitating Factors
- Establishing Common Ground
- Using “I” Messages
Who Should Attend?
Applicable to all
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.