Facts, figures and conclusions depend tremendously on the reports that present these details to the world. Be it in a newspaper, magazine, web publication or any white paper, a report is required to be accurate and credible with well-presented data.
Once published, reports can also be used as evidence in a court of law. This is why, at ‘Zoe’, we take a keen interest in developing the report writing skills of our participants by providing close guidance and showing them how they can apply master techniques to this skill.
The Advanced class on this subject will take our delegates a step ahead on their ability to write high level reports on behalf of their organization in a recommendable manner.
Our research and work over the years have helped us reach an in-depth understanding of the most accepted and complemented norms in report writing globally, which will enable our participants to maintain high standards of succinct and professional report writing.
It has been universally noted that candidates who can display a hold in good report writing through professional writing techniques, stand higher chances of a promotion, winning a new project and promoting a business.
Through the course on Report Writing, our team at Zoe not only aims to help you achieve a mastery of these skills but also seeks to nurture the character of logical and accurate presentation, one that you can use in other areas of your life as well. This way, participants acquire real growth in their skills at their core level and not just subject knowledge.
This Zoe training course will empower you to become a subject matter expert by introducing you to various aspects of professional report writing. Through this course, you will be able to apply the skill of presenting facts and data in a well-structured format.
You will learn techniques to help your readers draw factual and tangible conclusions. By ensuring the application of all the elements in professional report writing, your message will be interpreted exactly as intended, leaving no room for misinterpretation.
The information and practice gained through this course will also bridge the gap in your current skill and knowledge when it comes to writing reports. You will resultantly be better positioned to add value to your organisation in your communication with your stakeholders and your customer.
The main objective of this course is to empower professionals with—
- the ability to write all kinds of reports in a globally recommended structured manner, in keeping with their organisational brand values
- real-time feedback on their overall written communication with a specific focus on report writing
- the ability to recognise language and formatting errors in their own reports
- tips to reports concise and easy to read
- capability to correct their own errors in writing and errors in any other potential publication material before publishing
- understanding of the requisites of a good report as a formal and informal document
- make a good presentation of a report with logical sequencing of data
- proofread a draft before sending it out
- understand the potential of a well-written report in the business world
Zoe Talent Solutions designs training courses to cater to our training audience and their distinctive professional background and experience. Classroom sessions with presentations by a highly experienced facilitator form a major part of our training programmes.
We encourage trainee participation through group discussions, role-plays, group activities, assessments and more. Trainees are also requested to share their experiences, issues, concerns and best practices from their respective organisations, which are facilitated by the trainer to optimise learning for the entire participant group.
In alignment with the Zoe Talent Solutions’ unique training methodology, this course follows the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
Organisations whose professionals undertake this course will benefit in the following ways:
- As employees become well-versed with Report Writing, their performance will reflect positively for your business
- Growth in calibration and streamlining of writing reports in keeping with the brand values of your organization
- Greater credibility for the individual and your organisation
- Increased demand of business with your organization in the market
- Accurate report writing skills means lesser confusion over important business communication
- Market credibility increase as a result of stakeholder recommendations
- Improved individual performance and sense of esteem for the organization
- Lower attrition as individuals feel invested in, listened to, valued and motivated
Professionals attending this course will benefit in the following ways:
- A clear and in-depth understanding of Report Writing in the 21st Century
- Increased self-awareness of one’s ability to write a good report
- Access to examples, videos and practice sessions exclusively owned and run by Zoe Talent Solutions
- Ability to identify one’s area of opportunity to recognise and correct common writing/formatting errors
- Understanding the impact of an average, incomplete or bad report on one’s own/organisational brand image
- A sense of accomplishment contributing to an expertise in Report Writing
- Overall improvement in an individual’s writing skills
- The ability to role-model this skill in the organisation for subordinates to learn from and imitate
Who Should Attend
- Secretaries of Presidents, Vice-presidents and Senior Management who may need to write reports for business regularly
- Journalists and Executives in News Agencies
- Administration executives responsible for documenting and publishing reports
- Executives who write reports and document business communication on a regular basis
- Trainers, teaching staff, educators and administrators responsible for writing reports
- Human Resource Executives responsible for employee documenting policy and other forms of compliance
- Government officials and officials involved in administration in government sectors
- Hospital staff and support staff in volunteer camps who need to document their work for stakeholders
- Any other professional who would like to improve their knowledge and skill on report writing
The course will cover the following areas that are important in the skill of Report Writing. It aims to increase the participants’ ability to practice this skill in a recommendable way.
Module 1 – Introduction to Report Writing
- What is a Report?
- Definition & Features of a Report
- Elements of a Report
- Essential and Optional Elements
- Practice Assignment (Pre-work)
Module 2 – Getting Started
- Preparation and Planning
- Know your Brief
- Report Objectives
- Importance of Conciseness
- Global Designs, Layouts and Templates
- Practice Assignment & Feedback
Module 3 – Structure of A Report
- Main Body
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Practice Activities & Feedback
Module 4 – Report Writing Styles
- Know your Audience
- Information Relevance
- Succinct Report Writing
- Chronology of Facts
- Presentation of Findings
- Presenting a Conclusion
- Making Recommendations
Module 5 – Proofreading a Report
- Importance of a Draft Revision
- Steps to Revise & Edit a Report
- Guidelines, Schedules and Order of Information
- Accuracy of Information
- Formatting and Presentation
- Practice Assignments
Module 6 – Categories of Reports – 1
- Assignment Review and Feedback
- Informal & Informal Reports
- Detail Reports
- Business Reports
- Informational Reports
- Analytical Reports
- Summary and Assignments
Module 7 – Categories of Reports – 2
- Assignment Review and Feedback
- Proposal Report
- Vertical and Lateral Reports
- Functional Reports
- Periodic Reports
- Research Reports
- Recap and Summary
Module 8 – Report Writing | Tips and Examples
- Use a Neutral Tone
- Use the Correct Tense
- Grammar and Sentence Construction
- Good vs Bad Report
- Examples of Good Report Writing
- Summary & Feedback