An advanced workshop that focuses on building Managerial Decision Making and Problem Solving ability in delegates. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Introduce a structured model for systematically addressing problems and decisions
- Practice the use of key decision-making and problem-solving tools and techniques
- Demonstrate the use of several disciplines in decision-making
- Effectively use the global benchmark tools for problem-solving such as PDCA, Appreciation Inquiry, the Simplex Process and the Straw Man approach
- Identify various creative idea-generating tools which can be practically applied at the workplace
- Apply influencing techniques to enable better decision-making and implementation
- Definitions, Principles and Overview
- Problem-Solving Mindsets and Attitudes
- Problem Ownership
- Drilling Down Complex Problems into Progressively Smaller Parts
- The 6-Step Problem-Solving Method
- Classifying and Prioritizing Problems
Understanding and Analysing Problems
- Techniques of Recognizing Problems
- Isolating the Causes from the Symptoms
- Data Collection and Analysis
- The Pareto Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis – The Interrelation
- Root Cause Analysis – The Process
- Cause and Effect Analysis: The Process – Key Points
- The Eight Disciplines of Problem-Solving
- Appreciation Inquiry: The 5D Approach
- The Simplex Process: From Problem Finding to Action
- The Straw Man Concept and Approach
- Principles of Decision-Making
- Using Critical Thinking as an Aid to Decisions
- Different Tools for Decision-Making
- Subjective versus Objective Decision-Making
- The Uncertainty Problem
Creativity and Problem-Solving
- The Role of Creativity in Problem-Solving
- Brainstorming: Different Techniques
- Opposite Thinking/What Ifs
- Mind Mapping
Problem-Solving and People
- Leading the Problem-Solving Effort
- Solving People-Related Problems
- Team Problem-Solving: Ensuring Participation, Agreement, and Implementation of Solution
- Behaviours that Influence or Block Problem-Solving
- Convincing Stakeholders with your Solutions
Who should Attend?
Team leaders, department managers and supervisors who are involved in leading and participating in solving their teams’ problems, as well as making and implementing decisions.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.