Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making training course is a much-recommended program since its diverse and creative modules have added immense value to participants’ rationale and performance dynamics. The course helps one apply logical and creative approaches to thinking helping to bring about superior results in organisational functioning. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Build and expand their decision-making, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions
- Use traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions
- Utilize creativity and lateral thinking as business tools
- Analyse and solve actual problems facing them at work
- Gain confidence in asking the ‘right questions’ and overcoming the stress of making complex decisions
- Demonstrate and build credibility with upper management
- Develop strategic approaches to problem-solving and decision-making
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Definitions and Tools: An Overview
- The Link between Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- The Principle of Organizing Our Thinking about Problems
- Identifying Our Own Mind Traps
- Brain Analysis and Ways of Learning
The Rational Approach to Problem-Solving (Kepner-Tregoe)
- Techniques of Recognizing Problems
- Difference between Causes and Symptoms
- The Helicopter Approach
- Problem Analysis
- Decision Analysis
- Potential Problem Analysis
Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- Root Cause Analysis
- The Importance of the ‘Why’ Question
- Ishikawa Fishbone Concept
- Assumptions in the Workplace
- The Agile Critical Thinking Framework
- The RED Model and Business Situation Applications
Decision-Making Supplementary Tools
- Being Decisive and Principles of Decision-Making
- The How-How Method
- Decision Analysis Weighted Worksheet
- Consensus Decision-Making
Creativity and Problem-Solving
- Assessment of Creativity and Ways to Think Creatively
- Lateral Thinking Tips
- Creativity and Its Use as a Business Tool
- Barriers to Creativity and Ways to Overcome Them
- The Hemispheres of the Brain
- Brainstorming Tips and Tools
- Six Thinking Hats
- Implementing Action Plan and Adjusting Based on Feedback
Applications of Techniques
- People Problems and Solutions
- Analysis and Solution of Real Cases Presented by Participants
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors and administrators who will benefit from better problem-solving and decision- making skills and business professionals who want to take their critical thinking to the next level.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.