Focusing on the middle management and their important role in the success of daily activities and overall organisational productivity, this training program teaches managerial skills for these positions. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply leadership and advanced managerial skills needed for senior positions
- Effectively coach and appraise their followers
- Employ problem-solving techniques to overcome obstacles facing them/their department
- Resolve conflict based on a win-win approach
- Introduce and manage change leading to continuous improvement
- Develop time and meeting management improvement action plans
- Characteristics of Leaders
- Leadership versus Management: The Vital Differences
- Situational Leadership
- Implications for Managers
- Concepts of Motivating Your Followers
- Various Theories of Motivation
Coaching and Appraising Performance
- The Psychology Behind Coaching
- Why and How to Coach
- Setting Performance Standards and Conducting Appraisal Interviews
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Techniques
- Principles of Solving Problems
- The Manager as a Decision Maker
- Rationality, Bounded Rationality and Intuition
- Types of Problems and Decisions
- A Rational Approach to Problem-Solving
- Tools and Techniques in Problem-Solving
- Sources and Nature of Conflict
- Conflict and Group Performance
- Role of Communication in Conflict
- How to Resolve Conflict
Managing Change and Innovation
- Dynamics of Change
- Types of Change
- Leading Successful Change Initiatives
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Contemporary Issues in Managing Change
- Creativity versus Innovation
- Stimulating and Nurturing Innovation
Managing Time and Staff Meetings
- Identifying and Setting Goals
Who should Attend?
Department heads, superintendents, senior supervisors and others who need to develop their managerial skills.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.