The ability to set goals and work towards achieving them is a huge component of success. Whether you are a Team Leader, Manager or Senior Executive, learning the methodology of successful goal setting will enable you to set clear and realistic objectives for both yourself and your team.
By working to a well thought out and structured plan you can align your team around a common vision, inspire motivation and push yourself to achieve more. And by incorporating efficient time management practices, you can increase productivity throughout your entire organisation.
Do you often find yourself rushing at the last minute to meet deadlines? Or feeling like your team is working hard but not quite achieving their goals?
The ability to look ahead and plan out your high-level strategy while at the same time also dividing large goals into small tasks, will cure procrastination and deliver large scale changes within a relatively short time.
Utilising effective goal setting techniques will enable you to achieve all of these aims and improve your overall experience while doing so.
This Zoe training course will help you change the way you view your to-do list and encourage you to focus on both short and long-term goal setting as an important function of your role.
You will learn how successful people use goal setting to achieve extraordinary results, and you will come away with practical examples of how to implement best practice goal setting within your teams and the wider organisation.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to –
- Identify and set high-level goals for yourself and create a plan to achieve them
- Be able to stick to a structured method of goal setting such as SMART
- Identify procrastination or other time-wasting exercises and be able to implement strategies to overcome these
- Coach and encourage other colleagues and team members to set more strategic and effective goals
- Utilise effective time management strategies to organise your work better
- Analyse available resources and make decisions based on time effectiveness and risk
- Understand how your short-term goals fit into much larger, long term strategic goals and how to work towards both at the same time
- Work effectively within a team and your organisation while still achieving your personal goals in line with your company objectives
- Observe and track your progress as you work on achieving your goals
This course will be taught as an interactive training program and will provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn from and engage with other learners. You will also experience –
- Seminars and Presentations – covering all the necessary learning that you require
- Group work and group discussions – including designing your own goal setting structure and discussion of key concepts
- Case studies and real-world best-practice methodologies
- Brainstorming and strategy sessions between teams
- Solo working time to compile a structured goal setting plan for your organisation
By encouraging your employees to participate in this course you will be impacting your organisation in the following positive ways –
- An overall better approach to goal setting and a greater understanding of the importance of goals
- Improved alignment between personal goals, team goals and larger organisational goals, creating a more engaged workforce and happier working environment
- Increased productivity by improving employee engagement and awareness of higher-level objectives
- Improvements in time management will boost profit margins
- Enabling your senior employees to structure goal setting effectively for their teams, leading to improved results in all areas
By taking part in this course, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits –
- Improved time management and goal setting skills
- Curing procrastination and productivity inefficiencies
- Feeling more fulfilled with your work as you progress towards success milestones
- A greater understanding of how your role ties into the larger company vision
- Increased engagement from your team, leading to a more fulfilling work environment
- Continued personal development within your role
- Improvement in delegation skills, task setting and organisational strategies
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideally aimed at anyone within a middle management or management function, who is involved in setting goals for their team. This course could also be of benefit to –
- Team Leaders
- Department Heads
- Senior employees looking for improvements in their own productivity
- Founders and entrepreneurs looking to boost their small business
- Professionals looking to advance their careers
Module One – Introduction to Goal Setting
- What is goal setting?
- Why is goal setting important?
- How to identify problems in your current goal strategy?
- Impact and consequences of poor goal setting
- Headline introduction to goal setting processes
Module Two – Goal Setting and Corporate Strategy
- Identify high-level corporate goals
- Importance of goal setting in relation to these goals
- Short term planning strategies
- Medium to long term planning strategies
- Identifying your role within the larger corporate picture
- How to deal with competing interests?
Module Three – SMART goals
- What is defined as a SMART goal?
- Why goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timebound
- How to set SMART goals for yourself?
- How to set SMART goals for your team?
- How to adjust an existing goal to make it SMART?
- Using SMART goals in alignment with your overall strategic plan
Module Four – Time Management
- Understanding the benefits of personal time management
- Improving time management within your teams
- Strategies and techniques for effective time management
- Risks of continued poor time management
Module Five – Procrastination and Visualisation
- Understanding what causes procrastination
- Tools and techniques to overcome mechanical procrastination
- Using NLP techniques to help your team visualise their goals
- How to encourage your team through times of poor performance
Module Six – Delegation and Managing Risk
- Become a more effective leader by delegating successfully
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with delegation
- Understanding effective contingency planning and how to implement
- Using goal setting to maintain control while delegating
Module Seven – Managing Outcomes
- Effectively evaluate personal and team performance
- Frameworks for evaluation
- Structuring goal setting for continuous improvement
- Assessing and adjusting the strategy in line with outputs
- Best practice and alternative outcomes
Module Eight – Moving Forward
- Developing your goal setting plan
- Presenting your goals in line with corporate strategy
- Structured personal, team and organisational goal planning
- How to use what you have learned to improve and achieve