Gain an understanding of the impact of different leadership styles in this practical leadership skills course. Using the techniques taught, you can develop key leadership skills to procure the best from your team. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
By the end of the day’s leadership training, managers will have:
- Defined the role of the leader and appreciated the likely expectations of the people they will manage
- Gained an understanding of the impact of different leadership styles on individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole
- Identified how to adapt their style of leadership to each team member and the context of the situation
- Reviewed their own current style of leadership and considered potential areas for future leadership development
Leading a high performing team
- Characteristics of a high performing team
- Stages of group development
- Overview of best practice to achieve high team performance
- Ice breaker ‘shapes’ exercise, group review and short presentation
Defining the role of a leader
- Defining leadership
- Getting the balance right between leadership and management
- Role, behaviours, qualities and expectations of a leader
- Personal perceptions and authenticity
- Individual exercise, revolving flipchart exercise, group review, presentation
- Leadership models
- Leadership styles using Bass (1981) five broad leadership styles
- Identifying when to use each leadership style
- Adapting your leadership style to the person and situation
- Presentation, individual exercise, group practise activity switching pairs and group learning review
- Reviewing the impact of different styles of leadership within an organisation
- Acquiring leadership balance
- Case study with group learning review and discussion
Leadership behaviours in action
- Reviewing the impact of leadership styles on a team
- Communicating within teams
- Rotating group activities with a different leader, group review
- Describing your style of leadership
- Identifying the leadership styles you use most / least
- Identifying leadership behaviours to continue, change and develop
- Individual exercise, co-coaching with facilitated group review
Review and next steps
- Review of learning and actions
- Course feedback
Who should Attend?
Managers new to leadership positions or needing to understand more about the impact of different leadership styles.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to choose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.