Contract management refers to the management of the agreement between project managers, vendors and other stakeholders of a project before the commencement of the implementation phase. It is a continuous process, starting with analysis and evaluation of the customer’s inquiry until closure, upon fulfilment of all contract obligations.
It specifically includes a very important step of negotiating the terms and conditions of contracts and ensuring compliance to these, as well as agreeing to and documenting any changes that may arise during implementation or execution. Contract management typically consists of a pre-contract phase, a contract execution phase, and a post-award phase.
How does Primavera assist in contract management? Contract management through Primavera has many benefits, including increased document control through the project, reduced submittal approval timelines, accountability tracking, elimination of misunderstandings and subcontractor management and control.
Powerful dashboards and reports also help expedite the process of recovering important information regarding contracts and terms and conditions with various stakeholders/parties involved in a project.
This Zoe training course will empower you with complete knowledge and understanding of contract management through Primavera. The knowledge and experience gained through this course will help you in seamlessly managing contracts and other related activities using Primavera.
The Primavera Contract Management Training course will also provide you with the necessary confidence, knowledge, and experience to train other professionals on optimally using the software for effective contract management.
With the enhanced skill set and capabilities gained through this course, you will be recognised and sought after for undertaking key roles and responsibilities in your organisation, thus facilitating career growth and progression.
The main objective of this Primavera Contract Management Training course is to empower professionals with—
- detailed understanding and knowledge of contract management through Primavera
- the required confidence and knowledge to train other professionals to use Primavera for effective contract management
- the required knowledge and information to effectively use all features of the software for effective and efficient contract management
- the adequate skill and experience to maintain proper documentation and update current documentation in the software to make these easily available upon request
- the skillset and capabilities to draw necessary reports to be sent to all stakeholders for their reference
- the ability to control transparency among stakeholders and prevent or reduce instances of misunderstanding that could impact the status and progress of a project
- the confidence and experience to track and manage accountability among all stakeholders of the contract and project at large
- an enhanced skill set and increased confidence to perfect Primavera contract management, thus inviting opportunities for growth and progression within and outside the organisation
Courses are Zoe Talent Solutions are extremely customisable as per the professional backgrounds and experiences of the trainee audience. Training is delivered by an experienced professional in the relevant domain, using audio-visual presentations for ease of reference.
Trainee involvement is encouraged through group activities and assignments. Trainees are also provided practical experience of the interface and various features of the software.
This course follows a very unique and innovative model devised by Zoe Talent Solutions, called the Do–Review–Learn–Apply Model.
By professionals undertaking this Primavera Contract Management Training course, organisations will benefit as follows:
- Better contract management because of the optimal use of Primavera
- Readily available information and reduced timelines for retrieving contact information
- Trained and experienced employees to handle the software and manage contracts through these
- Greater transparency and involvement of all important stakeholders through regular updates and reports drawn from the software
- Training of other professionals on using Primavera for effective contract management, at no cost
- Reduced submittal approval timelines
- Easy tracking of accountability on the part of all stakeholders and necessary actions or next steps taken in time in this regard
- Better stakeholder and contractual relationships, in turn, having a positive impact on the management of the project and hence organisational success
Professionals enrolling for this Primavera Contract Management Training course will derive the following benefits:
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of Primavera contract management
- Good experience and confidence of working on and optimally using all features of the software for effective contract management
- Increased confidence and skill to train other professionals to utilise all features of the software for efficient contract management
- Enhanced skill and understanding to maintain proper documentation and update changes, if any, in time for easy retrieval upon request
- Increased knowledge and understanding to draw necessary reports, interpret and analyse these, devise corrective action or next steps and communicate to all necessary stakeholders
- Increased confidence and experience to maintain transparency and accountability among all stakeholders of a project/contract, fostering good relationships that positively impact organisational growth, which in turn will help in one’s career growth and progression because of demonstration of talent and potential
Who Should Attend
- Senior management of an organisation who need to understand the benefits of using Primavera for contract management
- Project managers responsible for managing a project from start to end, while interacting with all important stakeholders
- Vendors or other parties to a contract who would also need to refer to aspects related to the contract or project on the software
- Other stakeholders who could be involved at some stage of a project
- Legal authorities/auditors who may need details or may need to make changes to contracts or take action, etc.
- Any other professional interested in knowing more about Primavera contract management
The Primavera Contract Management Training course covers the following topics:
Module 1 – Overview of Contract Management
- Contract management roles
- Buttons and icons used in contract management
Module 2 – Planning and Adding a Contract Management Project
- Contract management module
- Key contacts
- Project templates
- User access rights
- Company directory
- Distribution lists
- Default contacts
- Approval process
- Revoking process
- Submittals and submittal packages
Module 3 – Working with the Workspace
- Log window
- Log and document window customisation
- Dictionaries and preferences
- Contract management database
- Printing logs, forms, reports
Module 4 – Communicating Project Information
- Transfer of contract management documents
- Communication recording and tracking
- Meeting minutes recording
Module 5 – Working with the Control Centre
- Cost worksheet
- Contracts and purchase orders
- Payment requisitions
- Change management
- Issue creation and tracking
Module 6 – Logging and Tracking Information
- Drawing tracking
- Submittal management
- Material delivery tracking
- Daily reports
Module 7 – Saving Document Versions
- Document versioning – overview
- Version document preferences
- Version document feature
Module 8 – Exchanging Contract Management Data
- Contract management data exchange with a P6 enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM) schedule
- Contract management data exchange with other applications
- Reports and form saving with multi-byte characters
Module 9 – Benefits of Primavera Contract Management
- Increased document control
- Reduced submittal approval timelines
- Accountability tracking
- Elimination of misunderstandings
- Subcontractor management and control
- Powerful dashboards and reports
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.