Experience and research tell us that well-groomed multicultural teams take the advantage over other teams. Today’s increasingly diverse global workforce brings innovation, fresh perspective, and creative problem solving to the global workplace. In order to utilize the variety of skills and perspectives employees bring to the table, leaders need to examine their own frame of reference or paradigm, through which they view the world and actively seek to broaden it in order to build more effective work groups and create an all-encompassing work environment. ZOE’s ‘Managing Multi-cultural Teams’ offers each leader a knowledgeable and skill-based program for this purpose.
Who Should Attend?
- Leaders/ HR. professionals of multicultural organizations and teams
- Team-leaders in global or multi-national enterprises and teams
- People who have to interact with clients from all over the world
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding about the impact of cultural differences in multicultural teams
- Develop skills in effectively leading multicultural teams
- Create strategies to improve the performance of multicultural teams
- Discover your work-style preference
- Look at the world via a cultural lens
- Address the challenges workplace diversity presents
- Maximize management potential; manage teams more effectively
- Create strategies to increase cross-cultural communication across your team/organization
Intercultural Communication/ Key Concepts
- Understanding Culture?
- Why is Culture Important in Business?
- Ethnocentrism & Enculturation
- Awareness and Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
- 5 dimensions of culture
- Power/ distance
- Individualism and Collectivism
- Masculinity & Femininity
- Uncertainty avoidance
- Long-term orientation
Understanding Stereotypes & breaking down the barriers
- Stereotypes vs. Biases
- Identifying Your Baggage
- Understanding What This Means
- Changing Your Personal Approach
- Encouraging Workplace Changes
Verbal & Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t the Same Thing
- Asking the Right Questions
- Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It’s Not Just What You Say, It’s How You Say It
- Encouraging Diversity in the Workplace
- Ways to Discourage Discrimination
Managing Diversity Complaints as a Leader
- What To Do If You’re Involved In A Complaint
- Identifying Appropriate Actions
- Choosing a Path
- Words from the Wise
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.